Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Moving to back to the peoples republic of Yarkshire ( Thirsk area. )
  • simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

Hello ! I am moving back up north, to the Thirsk area to start a new placement in the Middlesbrough area in early September .

I am looking for somewhere to live so if anyone has a nice little cottage to rent or knows anyone with one please let me know! Also if there are any estate agent to avoid etc any info is useful

I will also be looking for a friendly group of people to ride with come September (must have an interest in real Ale). I currently know absolutely no one in the area so its time to rebuild my social life (based around cycling naturally) once again.

Hope to see you all soon

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Move to Guisborough and join mtbguisborough.ning.com

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I'm in Boroughbridge, only about 13 miles South of Thirsk. Could easily meet up for rides from Swainby/Ozmuvverly etc.

igm

I'm at Northallerton, not too far away, Tithe Bar in town does proper good ale, Golden Lion Osmotherly good ale (pricey).
    Try John Prests Letting Agent for Northallerton and Thirsk area, some cottages usually come up in Osmotherly now and again.

HansRey

alright Si, this is Rich from SUCC. I'll be back home (Goathland, not too far from Thirsk) in september and wanting to go ride (Dalby??).

Plus, there's the Birch Hall Inn in my village, … with 'special (locals only)' beer

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I work in Thirsk, Theres a few good estate agents up there.

Hunters aren't a bad estate agent (from easingwold), I sold my last house through them and they aren't bad,

Again Always up for a ride and Def a Real Ale drinker.

Ti29er
    Free Member

My cottage is coming up for a long term rent in 1 month – but it's near to Malton (Hutton Ambo), so would be too far out I suspect?

If not, email me.

You can't beat Herbie's (Huttons Ambo)the best village shop ever!

wombat

I'm in Northallerton too, John Prest do seem to be pretty good, seem to have plenty of properties on their books…How about an STW ride up this way when you get settled in?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I'm at Northallerton, not too far away, Tithe Bar in town does proper good ale
    Served by the Arsiest little c0ck of a barman in the history of bar staff!
    My nephew's in a band called Panther who play there occasionally.

Served by the Arsiest little c0ck of a barman in the history of bar staff!

"Dave the ginger haired frankensteiner"

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Moving to back to the peoples republic of Yarkshire ( Thirsk area. )’ is closed to new replies.