Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • moving to a house with sat dish only..what do i need
  • tang
    Free Member

moving in a couple of weeks. new house has poor reception so previous had sky. the dish and all the gubbins is there. i dont want sky, what do i need to buy to get freeview via dish?

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

A box!

tang
    Free Member

thanks- what sort and from where? i know nothing about tv.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

Sorry probably obvious that!

I used to have freeview through a Skybox without haveing a card in it! Cant remember if I had to change much but it worked very well.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

Try ebay for an old box? or even a local sky fitter may be able to help for a bit of cash in hand if you like?

Think freesat though as it is HD for £0.

tang
    Free Member

any old sky box will do the trick then?

tang
    Free Member

cheers

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Some TV now have Freesat built in

like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-Freesat-Full-HD-1080-TX32LZD81-LCD-TV_W0QQitemZ330333455623QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&rvr_id=&cguid=5a5e1e6a1220a0aad454a204ff3fa515

dont know if your buying a TV but this might be the way to go.

dooosuk
    Free Member

If you get an old Satellite box off Ebay etc you can use it without a subscription card to receive FreeSat channels.

If you just want FreeView (different thing) then just buy a freeview box from Sainsbury's/Tesco etc for £15 and plug your aerial in.

docrobster
    Free Member

either a freesat- SD box, about £40, or if you want HD (only 2 channels currently) a freesat HD box is £130. if there are 2 sat cables you could get a freesat HD recorder which is £300
    Richer sounds usually the best place for set top boxes

tang
    Free Member

not getting a tv atm, although things such as bbc 'life' could be nice in HD.

ski
    Free Member

Tang have you got a HD TV?

I have a Freeview/freesat HD Sat Box I am not using?

docrobster
    Free Member

If you just want FreeView (different thing) then just buy a freeview box from Sainsbury's/Tesco etc for £15 and plug your aerial in.

he hasn't got an aerial 😮

tang
    Free Member

no aerial on house. richersounds is down the road, ill check them out, thanks

tang
    Free Member

thanks ski, but ive not got a HD ready tv. still got a philips 32" that **** me up every time i move it!

midlifecrashes

B&Q have a freesat box/dish/kit in for about £35 at the moment.

tang
    Free Member

midlife, thanks.

sv

So can you use a sat dish as aerial and plug it into a freeview box to receivefreeview? Currently looking at TVs with inbuilt freeview and need to ditch the freesat box.

TimP
    Free Member

I have a sky box about to go on ebay

email me if interested

Jerome
    Free Member

Same deal here.
    We just use the sky box that was left for all the free channels.
    J.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘moving to a house with sat dish only..what do i need’ is closed to new replies.