Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • moving from post mount to IS
  • mangoridebike

Hi, a friend has upgraded his forks, the disc mount on the old ones is post mount and the new ones are IS.

I know he’ll need a new adaptor for them, (Avid Juicy 3) & I’ve found the right one on CRC but it doesn’t come with bolts, which I can’t find on there, does anyone have any ideas where I can get some?

From memory post mounts use two long bolts, whereas IS requires two pairs of shorter bolts.

Cheers

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

They are just stock bolts. M6??????

mangoridebike

Cheers TJ,

That could be a solution. However he’s just getting into mtbing and I think he’d be happier if there was a definite product he could use rather than me rooting through my spares finding something which ‘should’ work.

A good back-up solution though 🙂

Offroading
    Free Member

You need x 2 M6x20mm bolts.

A local bolt supplier can supply these for about £1 but if you must have a “proper product” then look at the bolts available from Shimano, Hope, Formula it’s all the same thing.

Alternatively buy whatever size adapter you require from Hope as you get the adapter and bolts in the price. As long as it is the same size you can interchange adapters regardless of brand.

mangoridebike

Cool, it didn’t occur to me that you could use different brand’s. the hope one looks good.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘moving from post mount to IS’ is closed to new replies.