Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Moving a sky hd box and wooden floors
  • chubstr
    Free Member

We want to move the tv to the other side of the room, sky cables come in at one point and the wife wants to put the to on the other side of the room.

Without drilling holes or making the living room look like the inside of a knackered spaceship, does anyone have any ideas how to achieve this?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

You could think about leaving the sky box where it is and just moving the screen. Then you only have to hide the HDMI cable to the TV.

They’re still quite bulky so you could use something like this –
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HDMI-DVI-to-RJ45-Cat5e-6-Extender-Repeater-Sender-Receiver-30M-100FT-TA-/301575504653
    to put the HDMI signal over a (cheap as chips, thin, flexible) length of CAT5 network cable which would be much easier to hide. You could run it around the skirting or drill some (small) holes and try to feed it under the floor.

There are wireless HDMI senders but [they look like they need some software on a PC as well as the devices. Edit – no] they are a bit more expensive and likely to be more problematic. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AEI-DigiSender-HDMI-Wireless-Digital-Video-Sender-Kit-XDHDMI-Stereo-Sound-Hi-Fi-/201221362800?hash=item2ed9ba5470:g:6IYAAOSwAYtWJL7K

Dibbs
    Free Member

I had skirting boards made with a rebate in the back to allow the cables to be run behind them.

spooky_b329

Change the cables from the dish and run them externally, and come back into the house behind the telly.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I moved mine by drilling a new hole from the putside into the living room. Took a huge bit and mrs muz not being in to see me do it!

spooky_b329

Top tip, drill from inside to the outside, angle the bit downhill, and turn off the hammer function a couple of mm’s before you blow the face of the brick/render across the driveway 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Moving a sky hd box and wooden floors’ is closed to new replies.