Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Moving a dropped kerb.. do i need council permission.
  • Solo
    Free Member

The kerb is painted yellow as a mitigating measure to comply with guidance that footpaths/walkways should not guide peds to walk straight onto a drain cover. I had to have a footpath moved to comply with this requirement.

This thread is of interest to me as I recently enquired with my LA about widening a drop kerb in prep for widening the drive itself.
    The drive leads straight onto the road without traversing a footpath.
    It’s driveway, 300mm of kerb, road.

I get the feeling it’s going to be a long haul. The reply to my email, from the muppet at the LA didn’t even get my name correct it was also clear that the person in question had not read my original note!

I get that perhaps there are some proper idiots working at the council/LA but what is disappointing is the seemingly default response from my LA for everything as being, “NO!” Now, what was the question?

iain1775
    Free Member

The kerb is painted yellow as a mitigating measure to comply with guidance that footpaths/walkways should not guide peds to walk straight onto a drain cover. I had to have a footpath moved to comply with this requirement.

This is not the reason

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’ll bite.

How does that work if the ped is walking off that side of the pavement. Or is blind.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Moving a dropped kerb.. do i need council permission.’ is closed to new replies.