Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Movie Star Planet – Do not let your kids on it
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

My 8 year old asked if she could download this game at the weekend. We agreed and explained that she does not accept requests from people she doesn’t know in real life and then monitored her use over the weekend.

We were totally shocked at some of the messages she received! Within two days she had been asked to send photos, told she looked “hot” and if she wanted to go to bed and make babies!. Lots of sexual content that is just wrong in an app for that age group.

Whats even worse is the blatant lack of control over privacy and safety in an app built for kids!

If your kids ask for or use this app DO NOT LET THEM, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

ads678

Do you have to be connected to the internet to play it?

I have never heard of this game so have no idea.

martinhutch

Looks like Moshi Monsters, but with more actual monsters.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    the-muffin-man

Can’t believe they haven’t shut this website down – we had the same issues 4-5 years ago. I managed to block it on my router.

perchypanther
    Free Member

On the bright side, it’s a fair bet that some of those messages might have been from actual movie stars.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Can’t believe they haven’t shut this website down – we had the same issues 4-5 years ago. I managed to block it on my router.

This is an android app not the website. Luckily our kids are young enough (9) to be trusted that when we tell them they cant do something they don’t do it. Not sure how long that will last.

Google/Apple should vet these apps for minimum safety standards and if they don’t meet it then they don’t into the store.

trailwagger
    Free Member

On the bright side, it’s a fair bet that some of those messages might have been from actual movie stars.

lol, Or producers

bigyinn
    Free Member

Firstly report the app to Google. Secondly put a review on the app to try and warn others.

edlong
    Free Member

Hmm.. I’m generally of the view that there’s no red line on comedy and the only test is “is it funny?”… but in response to a specific OP reporting a specific 8 year old being “groomed” online, for me, that falls short on the “is it funny test” in this context. YMMV.

Stoner
    Free Member

YMMV

thank goodness it does.

perchypanther
    Free Member

that falls short on the “is it funny test” in this context.

For you. If i’ve offended you, I apologise.

For me? I thought it was funny and still do.

For the OP and parent of the aforementioned 8 year old?
    He commented thusly….

lol

….but that might have just been an awkward comment to brush off an uncomfortable feeling as he was offended too, but I’ll choose to accept it at face value until informed otherwise.

On that basis I still think it’s OK but feel free to report it the mods and let them decide.

Is it too late to warn kids about downloading MP Planet?

sobriety
    Free Member

Yup, it was funny. You’re being far too sensitive.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s almost like PP was encouraging the grooming of children! Almost.

This app’s been around for yonks. Even Mumsnet discussed it a few years back. Looks like nobody cares in the app world.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s almost like PP was encouraging the grooming of children

…and on this basis, I must tender my resignation as Minister of Fun with immediate effect as my conduct has not been at the high level expected of jovial forum punslingers.

edlong
    Free Member

feel free to report it the mods and let them decide

Nope, I have no problem with you being free to make the comment and wouldn’t want any part in censoring it. I also have no problem with people disagreeing with me on the “is it funny?” question.

Equally, I’m glad that you don’t have a problem with me passing on comment on what I thought about it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m glad that you don’t have a problem with me passing on comment on what I thought about it.

No problem at all. If people didn’t comment on what other people said then the forum would be a dull place indeed.

trailwagger
    Free Member

….but that might have just been an awkward comment to brush off an uncomfortable feeling as he was offended too, but I’ll choose to accept it at face value until informed otherwise.

Funny as it works on many levels….. well, two anyway. As you were.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Funny as it works on many levels….. well, two anyway. As you were.

*Screenshot taken to be used as evidence in my defence when I get accused of “inapppropriate behaviour” 15 years from now. 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Movie Star Planet – Do not let your kids on it’ is closed to new replies.