Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Movie questions.
  • Merak

At the end, do you think Javier Bardem’s character killed Kelly McDonald in No County For Old Men?

What was in the case in Pulp fiction?

Did the bus fall into the alpine ravine in The Italian Job?

Cougar

Was Douglas Quaid actually a secret agent or was the latter three quarters of the movie the implant Rekall installed?

duntstick
    Free Member

What’s a movie, is dat loik a filem?

joshvegas
    Free Member

duntstick – Member
    What’s a movie, is dat loik a filem?

Movie as in moving picture.

Filum as in wot movies used to be recorded on.

duntstick
    Free Member

But them’s answers, he wants q’s?

fasthaggis

Who killed the Father James’s dog (Calvary)

duntstick
    Free Member

Did the bloke who squeeled like a hog in ‘Deliverance’ get his bum repaired?

RustySpanner

Andy Dufresne – guilty as hell.

eltonerino
    Free Member

Who framed Rodger rabbit?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

At the end, do you think Javier Bardem’s character killed Kelly McDonald in No County For Old Men?

What was in the case in Pulp fiction?

Yes

and 2 lights and a battery.

Merak

It’s subjective isn’t it? He, (Javier Bardem) may have killed her but maybe not.

Chris O’Dowd killed the dug.

slowoldman

Did Begbie track down Renton and glass him?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

He sure as hell killed her in the book. And hes checking his shoe for blood.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Was Conan really a barbarian or just misunderstood?

heckler73
    Free Member

Did the spinning top topple in inception ?

Cougar

Ah, now, I can answer that.

The top isn’t his ‘tell’ – it’s his wedding ring. At the end, he’s not wearing it, ergo he’s still in the dream world.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Andy Dufresne

How the hell is that pronounced Dufraine??

Edit:

tell totem”

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cougar> but his kids are 3 years older…

northernmatt

What did Sully see at the end of Monsters Inc?

(it’s minimatts new favourite filem)

willard

Easy. Boo. It’s her door.

I want to know if they did nuke the planet from orbit. It generally is the only way to be sure.

Rubber_Buccaneer

In Bad Taste was it a chunky bit or a crunchy bit?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Pulp is 20yrs old now but I was pretty obsessed with it back then and the thinking then was that the case was supposed to contain the soul of Marcellus Wallace, as something written somewhere apparently has it that if you sell your soul to the devil he extracts it through the back of your neck? (Hence the plaster on the back of marcellus’ neck) this is what I’ve always held onto anyway, probably complete bollocks…

No country, Chigurh certainly kills her in the book!

The bus doesn’t fall, Croker has a great idea!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Re Total Recall. Its all a dream in the first film from where he describes the woman onwards

stuey
    Free Member

At the end of Birdman can he fly?

ready

I agree with Jaffejoffer re: Pulp. It’s his soul in the case

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Has Nicholas Cage EVER made a bad movie?

Merak

Con Air is pretty poor.

CountZero

Has Nicholas Cage EVER made a bad movie?

That’s a trick question, right?

TheFlyingOx

Why does Triceracop only shoot people in the dick?

RobHilton
    Free Member

ready – Member
    I agree with Jaffejoffer re: Pulp. It’s his soul in the case

Well, as long as you agree…

He cut himself shaving.

Why do people have to try & figure stuff out? Film begins, you watch, film ends – there don’t have to be answers to plot-holes and ambiguous scenarios.

jekkyl

Was the joker’s story about his scar in the dark knight true?

@Robhilton: why so serious?

RobHilton
    Free Member

@Robhilton: why so serious?

Sorry 😥

I think it may have been inspired by memories of one of my more obsessive friends ranting on about the matrix to me when I really CGAS :mrgreen:

Was George Lucas actually trying to suggest that on the inside black people all want to be white?

Edit: What’s a nubian?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Why do people have to try & figure stuff out? Film begins, you watch, film ends – there don’t have to be answers to plot-holes and ambiguous scenarios.

Many films have complex plots; sub-blots; references, oblique and otherwise; ambiguities; and deliberate inconsistencies. These thing can combine to produce fantastic stories and brilliant cinema. Observing and discussing these things is something that people do when they have an interest and deeper/broader understanding of the medium. Try talking with a director or editor sometime, they’ll blow your tiny mind wide open. Or bore you senseless, I suppose.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

if you live in Montana and travel from state to state? do you need papers? (Sam Neil – Hunt for Red October)

RobHilton
    Free Member

Try talking with a director or editor sometime, they’ll blow your tiny mind wide open. Or bore you senseless, I suppose.

I know what it is – I hate speculation! Whether it’s if this football team score this and that other one don’t show up we could be promoted or people confidently declaring they know it’s going to be a girl my tiny (actually black & white) mind doesn’t like it. What actually happens is all that matters – what could/doesn’t, well, doesn’t.

So… I appreciate a film for what it is – direction, casting, script, acting, plot* etc. but anything I could otherwise think I’m adding to it by trying to unravel its mysteries isn’t part of the film, so I don’t see the point.

*Not necessarily true – I really enjoyed the new Mad Max and it didn’t have much plot or script :mrgreen:

Junkyard
    Free Member

Depends some can leave you to decide and are good ends – Italian Job for example other times its just not doing your job properly.

tenfoot

Ja Ja Binks. Why?

Cougar

Is that Jar Jar’s brother or something?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Movie questions.’ is closed to new replies.