Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Movember.
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

Has it fizzled out?

Haven’t seen any mentions of it so fr other than a suggestion of “If you can’t grow a moustache grow a muffstache”

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes right you are, have heard nothing and no sponsorship requests. Have to say its quite a good laugh to do and always good for charity fundraising

scotroutes

I have one mate doing it for charity this year but I think the increase in the number of guys with beards has pretty much laid it to rest.

FWIW, I stick by BST; British Shaving Time. When the clocks go back, away goes my shaver.

Wally

I am in this year. Prostate thread on here was the prompt.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://au.movember.com/
    Still much bigger and ongoing down here in Oz. Having a beard and being able to grow facial hair faster than required means I’ve never given it a go but will be donating to some mates who are.
    Above the fundraising the Mens Health Awareness is more important, the thread on Suicide being the biggest killer of men under 45 is a very sobering thought.

hora
    Free Member

It’s the weekend and I have a moustache forming.

😀

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Got one going on here. In the thoroughly itchy phase at the moment. Never having done this before I am hoping it stops soon.

Sandwich

Hora, one request no pictures! I’ve just finished therapy for the last one you posted.

EDIT. Thanks for the heads up OP I’m now fundraising at Sandwich Blatant Appeal For Donations

If you’re unlucky/want a laugh I’ll post a pic at the end.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Don’t worry Sandwich – it’ll get rubbed off tonight at the Blue Lagoon Club

Sandwich

@Hammy You spoil him.

hora
    Free Member

Sandwich, not yet… Patience 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Am I allowed to do it if I don’t raise any money, just as a show of moral support? Wondering about shaving off the rest of my facial hair…

hugo
    Free Member

It’s gone full circle.

It works well as it raises money for charity whilst allowing people to advertise how charitable they are on their face. Win win.

Once it became extremely mainstream it kind of lost its kudos.

Shame in one sense because of the money lost to charity by truly altruistic folks having a bit of fun. Good in another way as it stops blokes asking others to pay for their own face based PR campaign for a charity they couldn’t give a stuff about..

hora
    Free Member

Tbh its an excuse for me to sport a 70’s style moustache in public. I hate beards, bring back big moustache’s.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Fire up the Granada….

mrsfry
    Free Member

Does this mean I can stop waxing my top lip 🙂

Drac

Taking apart again this year again with a group of friends colleagues. It’s the same group who did the walk challenge I took part in. Not for charity this time know just to help promote men’s health.

mogrim

It wouldn’t be a proper November without a photo of Hora’s upper lip bumfluff.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Movember.’ is closed to new replies.