Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Movember
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

I dont know how many folk on here are aware or part of this but its a genius incorporation of 2 things: raising money for charity and growing 'taches. You may have seen the Australian rugby team had some tache action amongst the squad in support of Movember. So let's cut to the chase, Im part of a team trying to raise money for The Prostate Cancer Charity, there are loads of teams but ours is based at the graduate entry medicine course at nottingham uni (but confusingly based at the hospital in Derby) and were asking for donations of any size to help. anyway enough blabbing, lets see that first 'tache pic:

nice. ill keep updating this thread so even if you don't donate you can laugh at my face caterpillar, just so you know I have to see* patients and walk past several schools each day so god knows what they must think. possibly that im involved with the armed forces perhaps just that i may be on the sex offenders register. anyway my page is here and the homepage if you want to get involved is here. gentlemen, may the tache be with you

rOcKeTdOg

midge ure is back!

trail_rat
    Free Member

get rid of some of that hair up top and we could have a freddie mercury tribute act 😉

boxelder

Good effort – bunged you a small starter.
    Lets see it with soup or beer froth in it next time.
    🙂

fontmoss
    Free Member

thank you very much boxelder, very generous sir 😀

i shall endeavour to make the pics amusing and may take (non erotic*) requests…

*possibly a wee bit erotic

hora
    Free Member

Give me a couple more days….its on the cusp of being a moustache… 8days in. I should have grown a beard in Oct first!

fontmoss
    Free Member

now now you know the rules-clean shaven on the first of Movember (yes my facial hair does grow that quick!)

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

We did this 6 months or so ago at work mainly for a laugh but it had the added bonus of irritating some of the senior officers.
    I couldn't have it too long or bushy as I had to have it measured with template to ensure it didn't interfere with the seal on my BA facemask!…

One night in particular there were 4 of us jumped out of the fire engine sporting our 'tashes. It was like a YMCA music video 😀

fontmoss
    Free Member

LMAO! awesome work-there has to be a pic of all of you together though? Im slightly nervous ill be the only one at uni this morning but ill just need to M*TFU

*moustache

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

There were only 3 of us left in the latter stages with others having got rid of their attempts due to weddings, holidays, nights out etc.
    There was a bit of 'tache envy going on though!

Up until I had it I'd never met any of my wife's work colleagues and low and behold, we couldn't go anywhere without bumping in to someone. I was always introduced by "this is my husband, Paul." but there was always the addition of "He doesn't always look this stupid" 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL Quality! 🙂

fontmoss
    Free Member

well only a couple of us had shaved and left our taches but we've bullied the others into shaving, safety in numbers is our motto.

thats a cracking pic!

firestarter
    Free Member

thats funny barney white watch at our place did it and they did a fire safety home visit and apparently the woman was looking for the cameras as she thought it was a wind up with everyone having silly facial hair lol our watch had a sideburns comp which i rightly won but then i got a telling off when i went up to hq for something ;-(

fontmoss
    Free Member

its still here folks, like a bristly little caterpillar that will never become a butterfly*

*at least i hope not

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Movember’ is closed to new replies.