Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Moved to redditch
  • andrepucci
    Free Member

just moved to redditch , dont know any trails or have any riding buddies , please help im at a fair standard , race either open or vets and usaully finish top 15 . i also have a road bike so either really but prefer doing so off road for training ect ,, male or female thanks ANDRE

gogg
    Free Member

My condolonces.

sandwicheater

[video]http://youtu.be/rX7wtNOkuHo[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Try the Missing Link at Droitwich.
    I think they are doing regular Sunday rides which might be a good way to meet other riders in the area.

http://www.missinglinkbikes.co.uk/
    https://www.facebook.com/themissinglinkbikeshopdroitwich

antigee

used to do a few days some months in Redditch – can’t help with shop or club rides but on summer evenings I used to drive the 20miles or so south to just past Evesham to do some Bredon Hill loops and have a beer afterwards with a mate that lived that way – used to see a fair number of groups out

peteimpreza

Poor you. I hope you can get out soon.

andrepucci
    Free Member

actually not redditch its alcester well sambourne you snobs thanks for the help so far

pondo

Sambourne?
    Get you! 🙂

peteimpreza

Not a snob here. Based on actual experience ot the shytehole that is the ‘Ditch!!

lunge

Road riding is pretty good in that area, you can get out to the Cotswolds easily enough and out into Worcestershire in the opposite direction. There are lots of pretty villages and country lanes in both directions.

Off road is more of a challenge. Lickey and Clent are 20 mins drive away, both are good fun for a few hours but neither are a huge area. The Wyre Forest is maybe 40 mins away and is good though you need to befriend a local to get the best out of it. Kinver is a small area and quite steep but, again with local assistance, can be good fun.

Edit, just seen the Sambourne comment, stay on the road, loads of really nice road around there, and lots of good cricket clubs to stop at on the ride and have a pint as well.

rOcKeTdOg

Sambourne? U posh git! I’d have said it’s more Studley than Alcester though 😉

The Green Dragon does a nice pint

Off road riding is limited but there are loads of quiet lanes for your road bike

jag61

im sure some bits of Redditch are ok, thinking of rides tho, there are a lot of smallish woods you could link up around Alcester some have bridleways but a lot are private shooting areas I used to go up into coldcomfort woods and oversley woods when I lived in Alcester. the roads would be a better option loads of now quiet roads Alcester/Evesham/ Stratford way avoid the A46 if at all poss. Loads of nice pubs all over.
    PS Sambourne is the nice part of Redditch IIRC. Enjoy

twang
    Free Member

Alroit mates?

andrepucci
    Free Member

the ditch ha ha ,, the green dragon is about 200 yards from where i live, but dont drink so wont be going in , and thanks for advice and stupid comments . thanks jag61 done cold comfort woods done them saturated trails but some nice short climbs .and thanks lunge will look up..

I was going to say it’s a bit disappointing the way people always judge an area by how far it is to travel to the nearest trail centre, albeit unofficial ones like the Wyre.
    I was going to suggest just riding the local bridleways, but then I looked at the map.
    There does seem to be a shortage of bridleways in the immediate area, although some of the footpaths do look to be along tracks, so are worth exploring.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Get used to motorway driving?

Used to have to head down there for work, never that inspired to put a bike in.

rOcKeTdOg

MTG there’s loads of stuff locally, a lot of it cheeky & short, if u don’t mind tarmac & urban detritus you can still get home very muddy

saladdodger
    Free Member

Sambourne oh er not Perrymill lane prey tell, I lived there for a few years
    there is a bloody good indian in Alcester just up the hill from the roundabout
    Anyway back to the subject in hand the Wyre forest is bloody ace and not too far away also the Clent hills are supposed to be good to. realy you need to hook up with a local like Mick Arms from Bromsgrove
    Rough hill wood is just up the Slough which is okay for a blast.
    Enjoy Sambourne tis a nice place sorry I cannot be more helpful but I now live down near the Quantocks 🙂

guystabler
    Free Member

MTB riding around Redditch is not too bad. Easy rides to Clent and Lickey Hills. Bredon and Malvern hills close by and the wyre Forrest all provide good riding.

steve1414
    Free Member

There is quite a bit of single track in Redditch to create a local loop for an evening ride, and there is Oversley Woods just outside Alcester. I am happy to show you around.

monkeyp

The Clent hills are my local stomping ground (I am out towards Kidderminster) and you can do a pretty decent bit of riding over there if you’re willing to accept doing the same hill in many variations. You can do some good hill reps as it’s about 1000ft bottom (Hagley) to top (Four Stones) and there are probably 20 different ways up, from gravelly slogs, steep loamy stuff and easy fire-road.

It is always best early morning or evening though as it can get busy as soon as the cafe opens (great bacon sarnies though).

If you fancy meeting up, then I can show you around, but to be honest it isn’t too hard to explore. Clent, neighbouring Walton Hill and the surrounding network of trails around Hagley and Belbroughton will keep you busy for a morning.

rOcKeTdOg

You meet the strangest people at the cafe at Clent though 😉

z1ppy

There is quite a bit of single track in Redditch to create a local loop

Indeedy it not world shattering exciting stuff but there loads of small copses (not corpses) to trawl round & loads of shared paths, so no need to do any road work inbetween. One of my m8 live there, so we do a loop round alternate weeks (so he doesn’t have to drive every week)

monkeyp

Yes indeed, R-dOg 🙂

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

z1ppy – have you got any route info?

JAG

I’m in Studley.

I ride around Rough Hill Woods, Cold Comfort Woods and some local bridleways around Coughton Court.

There’s also a short bridleway between Sambourne Lane (towards Coughton)and Alcester Heath Rd. Through a bit of woodland called Butlers Coppice according to Google maps.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Rad BMX track that I go to on Tuesdays.. Totally rideable on hardtail.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Moved to redditch’ is closed to new replies.