Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Moved into a rental and 3 appliances aren't working – what are my options?
  • plyphon
    Free Member

Hello,

As per the title, moved into a new property two and a bit weeks ago, and there are a few issues with the kitchen:

1: Oven heating element broken
    2: Microwave too dirty to operate (sparks) and the rotating plate is broken
    3: Dish washer filter components completely shot, doesn’t clean as a result.

The oven and microwave has been taken a look at by their engineer, and we have been promised parts will be replaced (no ETA, though)

The dish washer I discovered today after I decided to give it a clean as it was smelling. This has kind of been the last straw and I’m angry now, as I feel like all of this should of been tested beforehand.

What are my options? Do I have options?

And by options I don’t mean i’m going to go all guns blazing threatening to withhold rent or anything, but if it drags on unacceptably I’d like to know what, if anything, I can do.

Cheers!

oldtalent
    Free Member

Let the landlord know and they will fix it. Surprised a rental has a microwave.

Cougar

Use the sink? (-:

You’ve got to at least give them time to take remedial action. If the previous tenants didn’t report faults, the landlord was probably oblivious. Little excuse for things not being cleaned though.

plyphon
    Free Member

Yeah, we have done. Hopefully fixed within a week

midlifecrashes

Just bought a microwave from Tesco for £35, similar situation, firstborn moving into student house today. Too early to tell what else will show up. Boiler and electrics work and wifi is quick so they’ll manage.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Moved into a rental and 3 appliances aren't working – what are my options?’ is closed to new replies.