• This topic has 55 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Mouse mats?
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

I use a laptop. At the office (one or two days a week) I have a mouse with ball, separate monitor and keyboard – and mouse mat. At home (remainder of working week) I have an optical mouse and keyboard, the laptop sits on a raised shelf and is a good height for using its screen as monitor. No mouse mat here as I’ve struggled to find a good one, but I’ve only been on this regime since Tuesday

separate to all his, my home desktop wot I am using right now, has wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse – and a mouse mat.

bencooper
    Free Member

I have a trackball. I’m old-school.

GrahamS

I don’t raise my laptop screen, I lower my head

Only way I could get my head level with a laptop screen would be top put my chair as low down as it goes – which would mean I’d have my knees round my ears instead of a nice ergo 90° angle.

Screen should be set up high enough so that when you look forward, with your back straight, you are looking about at a point one third of the way down the screen.

GrahamS, do those foamy-wrist-support thingies really work?

It’s a gel one – yeah I find it quite good when typing. (I don’t get on with the mouse ones though).

It’s also really comfy for leaning my elbow on whilst pondering (or idly reading forums) 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    footflaps

Don’t use the laptop screen, just two big monitors:

My Desk by brf, on Flickr

IHN

Dullest. Thread. Ever.

🙂

camo16
    Free Member

Dullest. Thread. Ever.

* reconsiders ‘what pen holder…?’ thread idea and takes a ninja bite out of IHN’s chocolate brownie. *

cinnamon_girl

Blimey, playing catch-up!

If you scroll down to near the end of this:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/wish-me-luck-7

My wimminz logic reckons that if visitors were to buy a mouse mat featuring a pic of the beautiful church, it would serve as a reminder that they need to visit again. Remember though that this church is only actually open for around 20 days per year. It’s not just any old church, it’s in the middle of Salisbury Plain for starters!

As long as the cost isn’t silly obviously.

Moses

I junked most of my mouse mats recently as they weren’t being used. The relics are bing used as antivibration pads under the washing machine.
    All the mats were trade show giveaways, not bought.

Would coasters or mug-mats sell better ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

footflaps – are you CFHs biggest customer ?

GrahamS

*examines footflaps screen*

Is that Visual Basic? Hang your head!

footflaps

are you CFHs biggest customer ?

What does he sell?

Is that Visual Basic? Hang your head!

Yep, knew I’d get grief for that!

CountZero

I use one at work, a Taz one given to me by friends about fifteen years ago. It’s got a sort of woven satin-ey type of surface, which the mouse really glides over. Bit grubby atm, needs a clean.
    Don’t use one at home, though, ‘cos my computer’s eight feet away under the telly, and I use a BT keyboard and Magic Trackpad, Velcro’d to an A3 sheet of Foamex display board. Handy for resting a mug of tea on when sprawled on the couch… 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

post its 😉

footflaps

Flashy sells Post-it Notes? That’s gotta be a really exciting job! 😉

cinnamon_girl

IHN – Member
    Dullest. Thread. Ever.

Throws cream cake at Nettles. 😉

Good luck with the move. 🙂

IHN

<ducks>

Thank you! 🙂

FWIW, yes, I use a mouse mat.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Mouse mats?’ is closed to new replies.