Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mounting Husker du on Nexties
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Apparently the Hudu’s are are very loose fit? (According to my LBS) what would be the best/lightest tape to use to build them up?

scotroutes

Mine are no more “loose” than Nates, Endos or Larrys.

singlespeedstu

Same here.^^^

RoterStern
    Free Member

Hüsker dü are one of my all time favourite bands. Looks like I’m going to have to buy a fatbike now so I can use these tires!

pipiom
    Free Member

So,what tape do I use for fatties?

gardron
    Free Member

If you’re mounting up on nexties 65mm rims, you’ll be able to use something like gorilla tape clear (though I hear some people use parcel tape – I wouldn’t like to risk that myself though). the 80mm rims require a bit more finesse – typically either a double wrap or using stans over the holes and gorilla tape clear (or another waterproof duct type tape) down the middle. This is just because the holes are over to the side and so you don’t quite get the coverage you need with a single wrap of clear – and normal gorilla tape is just too wide (think it’d probably be fine on 90mm rims though).
    And for reference, 45nrth van helgas on the 80mm nexties are about as tight a tyre/rim combo as I’ve ever used. Especially getting the damn things off. Go up tubless pretty easily though.

pipiom
    Free Member

Cheers gardron, you’ve certainly covered all of my questions there, off to the mancave for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mounting Husker du on Nexties’ is closed to new replies.