• This topic has 22 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • mountainmayhem
  • germolene
    Free Member

C’mon you locals. I know this will stir up emontions and anarchy but where do you think Mayhem is this year?
    Its supposed to be 40 miles from Eastnor castle

stavromuller
    Free Member

Talking to Pat Adams last week and he’s sworn to secrecy re the venue but guarantees it will be “amazing”

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Abergavenny/Brecon beacons only thing I can see which is 40miles from Eastnor

T1000
    Free Member

Also puts northwest Herefordshire and south Shropshire in the frame……..

Amongst others….

Elmo
    Free Member

But a venue thats never seen MTB’s before?!

large418
    Free Member

There’s a country park I took the kids to many years ago, can’t remember it’s name, but it was west of Birmingham and had a load of sandstone caves – would fit the bill (from memory) as a place with hills, well drained, and rocky stuff.

project
    Free Member

a few places just outside shrewsbury.

shindiggy
    Free Member

There’s a country park I took the kids to many years ago, can’t remember it’s name, but it was west of Birmingham and had a load of sandstone caves – would fit the bill (from memory) as a place with hills, well drained, and rocky stuff.

Living in Birmingham, I would like to know hat country park your talking about, sounds interesting. Only place with sandstone caves sound like Kinver

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

I just want to know so I can book time off or not, its pissing me off to be honest.

singlespeedstu

There’s a country park I took the kids to many years ago, can’t remember it’s name, but it was west of Birmingham and had a load of sandstone caves

Kinver Edge.

It ain’t going to be there. And there’s already cycling going on there.

Enville Estate on the other hand…

large418
    Free Member

It was Kinver Edge I was thinking about, but if you guys are confident it’s not there then it probably isn’t.

Has to be a private estate somewhere with fairly easy access though.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Yeah, though you was talking about Kinver, don’t think it would have the capacity for mountain mayhem.

aracer
    Free Member

Gatcombe Park

grtdkad

2:1 Gatcombe Park
    5:1 Pontrilas Army Training Area (PATA), Hereford

I’d be happy with either tbh.

mrmo
    Free Member

the height profile map that was posted a week or so back matches to Gatcombe. Other places will match but you do need to find a place with a height range of c90 to c200m.

Dickyboy

5:1 Pontrilas Army Training Area (PATA), Hereford

Wasn’t the 24hr road bike race Pat organised going to be there? If so he does have previous connections with that venue.

Didn’t someone mention Hawkstone Park as having caves ?
    As far as I know, it fits the “never used for mountain bike events before” bit, which Kinver cerainly doesn’t.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I’ve raced DH at Hawkstone Park many many moons ago

michaelmcc
    Free Member

As long as is better than the Eastnor course then I don’t really care!

Can’t see the possibility of it being worse though 🙄 .

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

“the only way you will ever get to ride a mountain bike here is by entering Wiggle Mountain Mayhem” – Would make it likely to be Pontrilas Army Training Area (PATA), Hereford like grtdkad said maybe?

IHN

Gatcombe? As in where Princess Anne lives? Blimey.

Sandwich

It’s going to be around Grafham water with some proper clay!

mrmo
    Free Member

looking at the elevation profile available, i would suggest PATA is a non-starter, the height, the gradients, just doesn’t seem to be a good match.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘mountainmayhem’ is closed to new replies.