Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mountainbiking in Mull
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

Hopefully Mrs Fiola and I are going to Mull for a weeks mountainbiking.
    Whos bee?
    Whats it like?
    Is there a weeks worth of riding?
    Have you any routes?
    Who do i ask besides the ferry man?

Any help tips, places to camp and all that would be great.
    Thanks in advance

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tehre is an isle of mull cycling website. Might be of some help

http://www.isleofmullcyclingclub.co.uk/IsleofMullCrew.htm

chickenman

Is there still that campsite a couple of miles south of Fionnphort?? Nice spot..Erraid island a great place to visit; and NO New Age Happy Clappies, unlike it’s better known neighbour Iona. Just walk across at mid tide.

islander

Live on the Island and know it pretty well. Plenty places to camp depending on what facilities you want etc. Prob best bet to move about a wee bit. Weather the big factor for quite a few of the more challenging routes as are pretty exposed.
    Depends what kind of riding you want as the best stuff is pretty much hill tracks with hike a bike sections and the like. Decent riding in all parts of Island if you prepared to put in the effort. Plenty forest roads if you want also. Can certainly supply you with routes and advice. You may be lucky depending when you come if any of local riders about to show you a route or two.
    Still the campsite near Iona which is probably hard to beat for its setting but can get very busy mid season.

nathaneddy
    Free Member

I’m coming to Mull Monday for 5 days (to visit that happy clappy island of Iona. . .) and will have my hardtail on top of the car, hope to get some rides in if the family will let me get away. Any tips on some of those mull hill rides, islander? I guess I’ll buy an OS map in Oban. . .

nathaneddy
    Free Member

this route looks good based on the pics on the pics page
    http://www.isleofmullcyclingclub.co.uk/Routes/Route03-Carsaig.htm

nathaneddy
    Free Member

Had a really good ride of that route — rode it starting from the Iona ferry to Carsaig Bay (about 17 miles of singletrack road). I’d class the route as “adventurous” — quite a bit of carrying. Some of most spectacular cliffs I’ve seen. saw some deer, too. highly recommended, though only with the print out of that route with you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mountainbiking in Mull’ is closed to new replies.