Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mountainbiking in Morocco?
  • frank4short
    Free Member

So following a previous posting where i asked about potential guided holidays around october time. The seed was planted in my head of possibly a week-10days of riding in Morocco. Seems like it could be amazing. Though now the seed has been planted i'm looking for recommendations on potential companies to go with & what to expect with each. As a quick google tends to turn up eyewateringly expensive trips by big adventure tourcompanies or websites that wouldn't have looked out of place on geocities 10 years ago.

So have you been riding in Morocco? Who did you go with? How good was it? Was it expensive?

thomthumb
    Free Member

jim from seasonally unadjuste3d does trips to morrocco.

http://www.seasonallyunadjusted.com/morocco.html

i went to spain with them and i had an ace time. jim took us to top notch restaurants to eat in, awesome trails. a more friendly laid-back guide you couldn't wish to meet.

highly recommended.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

I believe Jim stopped running holidays over a year ago, last heard of somewhere in the UK.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

We used to run a trip – but couldn't make the price low enough to get enough people coming along – it's expensive to run those sorts of things unless you're a bigger operator and able to keep your staff in the country for multiple trips etc.. economies of scale and all that.

I do know that KE do a similar trip to our one – costs around 1k or a bit less for 10 days.

Or if there's a few of you, get in touch – I'm sure we could point you in the right direction or get you all the info you need to do a self guide style trip – it's not as daunting as you may think!

The riding is ace by the way 🙂

mashiehood
    Free Member

hi try saddle skedaddle we are on the cusp of booking the Oct trip. we had a superb time with their guide a few years ago

frank4short
    Free Member

@mashiehood – It's a grand without flights, which is a lot but more so than that this

The riding is on non-technical hard-pack trails, which are normally in a good condition although they can be rough, covering, on average, about 50km per day.

puts me off more than a bit.

Tried Freeride Morocco but they're booked up on their Morocco trips for the season. Which is a shame cause their trip looked like exactly what i was looking for.

@flowguymtb – under any other set of circumstances i'd probably jump at the chance doing the self guided thing but odds are i'll be flying solo so it's not really a runner. Though suggestions on anyone else who offer similar packages would be greatly appreciated.

RepacK
    Free Member

Try CycleActive – I think they have a trip to Morocco.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

My girlfriend paid about £350 for a week in Morrocco through STA travel, including flights. The trip included a tour with Saddle Skeddadle that was 2 days treking up hill, then 3 days mountain biking up and down hill. What she did wasn't mega technical, but the option to do loads of tech singletrack was there.

I thought, that was really cheap, so looked into Morroco MTB only trips and couldn't find anything in the same ball-park.

mashiehood
    Free Member

frank – been to Morocco a few times and not really come across technical riding to be honest.

Yes its expensive, the transfers are long and group is probably going to be large – hence why we are still debating whether to go again – the only thing that keeps us hooked is that Morocco is just so awesome.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mountainbiking in Morocco?’ is closed to new replies.