• This topic has 44 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by StuE.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • mountainbike magazines…………..a little rant.
  • alpin
    Free Member

i find the german mags are the pits. well below par when campared to the likes of MBR or What in the UK.

the three you see reguarly are two general MTB mags for the ‘average’ rider, the other is called Freeride.

the contents from the first two is near on identical and they use the same pics as each other and niether are shy of reproducing articles from the previous year.

my (sort-of) mum-in-law bought me both of them the other week (don’t know why, but she did… feeling generous, perhaps) and not only do they cover the same events, report from the same locations, but one has simply copied an article from last year. i mean, WTF…! how shitty is that?

the third, Freeride, is a load of crap. lots of pictures (probably photoshopped) of guys hucking off stuff wearing more protective gear and an SAS soilder. simply lots of pictures and reports from almost non-existant places.

really shit.

i wanted to pick up a copy of ST when i was at the airport last week, but they don’t stock it at Stansted. i keep meaning to get the online version, but never get round to it. you can buy ST here in Munich at the train station, but it costs about 13€..!!!

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

angryratio – Member
    Ax3M4n think you’ve got me mixed up mate.. and if you do know me.. don’t take it too personally i love you still.

if your henley based then i defo don’t know you.

Hook… Line… and Sinker.

Sorry mate – I couldn’t resist making a complete stranger sweat a bit 🙂

angryratio
    Free Member

Ax3M4n you sir.. are a hero and a git.

Potdog
    Free Member

Just checked out the Privateer subs myself as it looked like an interesting read….But 15€ per issue for Spanish subscribers! They’re avin a larf aren’t they!

StuE
    Free Member

If you think WMB is bad, have a look at Mountain bike action the next time you are in WHS now that is crap

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘mountainbike magazines…………..a little rant.’ is closed to new replies.