Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mountain rescue
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Great to see that the 3 chaps have been picked up after what must’ve been a tough night in the Leadhills, It would be awesome if the rescue teams on Ben Nevis have a similar ending.

Kudos and thanks to every single one of them.

matt_outandabout

It would be awesome if the rescue teams on Ben Nevis have a similar ending.

Especially as the lad missing is my old work colleague from the outdoor centre. 🙁

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They’re young, strong and seem pretty experienced Matt, here’s hoping.

andyfla
    Free Member

Missing since Sunday – I really hope they are in a snow hole somewhere, but it isn’t looking good

franksinatra

Kudos and thanks to every single one of them.

Kudos is great, donations are greaterer 😉

Moffat Team were the lead team, Dumfries & Galloway also had people out as did Tweed Valley (my team) and SARDA Southern. Pick a team and make them happy!

Thanks

matt_outandabout

I agree – Tim is experienced mountain leader (summer and winter) and would have been well kitted out. He also is someone who would have crawled off with his front teeth if he had to.
    I do fear the worse.

globalti
    Free Member

Are you discussing the three older chaps who have just been rescued in Dumfries & Galloway? One of them had died, sadly.

franksinatra

It certainly is a busy time for MRT, reports of avalanche on Creag Meagaidh now.

km79
    Free Member

News reports now also saying that four rescue teams looking for people trapped in an avalanche on Creag Megaidh. Hope it ends well for those involved.

athgray
    Free Member

BBC are reporting that sadly one of the avalanched people on Creag Meagaidh has died.

matt_outandabout

Not a good few days. 🙁

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Another of the gents benighted in the Lowthers have passed away. 😥

matt_outandabout

🙁

duckman

And yet going up Ben More on Friday we caught up with three guys in trail shoes and Gap parkas(furry hoods, so ok) I don’t wish any ill on them,but sometimes wonder why folk as obviously switched on as the couple on the ben are missing,yet you see belters like the above EVERY weekend.

jemima
    Free Member

We live directly under the flight path between the new Coastguard helibase and the Great Glen. Quite sobering to see them buzzing up and down there often the last few days…

https://www.facebook.com/lochabermrt/posts/951310584918145

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mountain rescue’ is closed to new replies.