• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by JoB.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem & The World Cup
  • slowuphill
    Free Member

Doe anyone know if they will be showing the game next friday night? 4 years ago they did have a large screen.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I hope not, I'm there for a mountain bike event, not football.

emac65
    Free Member

Where's the mountains on this mountain bike event..?
    BTW I loved having the footy on the big screen there a few years ago,made up for the flatness of the course…….

crazy-legs

BTW I loved having the footy on the big screen there a few years ago,

I loved it too, it meant I got a couple of hours of quiet sleep in the tent while 99% of the rest of the campsite was down in the main arena watching England get soundly beaten. 🙂

slowuphill
    Free Member

is a crime to like more than one sport. I really enjoy riding my bike but I also enjoy watching football. If I Can combine the two I am very happy. any serious answers?

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Vuvuzela would be a good reason to keep on going out for laps.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Jill is currently trying to sort TV reception as they have the screen sorted!

Houns

Well if the chavball is going to be shown can we get the Aus v Eng rugby match on?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Rugby? Whats that?

Napalm
    Free Member

Rugby?

If people were meant to pick up a ball and carry it, then the ball should have handles.

Viva le footy!

robdeanhove
    Free Member

flatness of the course

????

Sure you have the right event? The climbing, per mile, of the Mayhem course is significant. It's known as a climby course.

tails
    Free Member

Well if the chavball is going to be shown can we get the Aus v Eng rugby match on?

Not worth it for the dozen or so that'll watch it.

hels
    Free Member

Climby course ?? Are you joking ?? Fort William is a climby course. Innerleithen is a climby course. Mayhem last year had a few short uphill sections. Although that road climb did seem to get longer each lap… or was that Sleepless…

inigomontoya
    Free Member

if by fort william you mean the witches trail theres 405m of elevation, mayhem last year was 380m, you're right not climby at all.

hth.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

No, I'm not joking. Based on last year's course; there's just over 1400ft of climbing per lap, laps take about three quarters of an hour, so that's almost 2000ft of climbing per hour. That's a lot of climbing no matter who you are or where you are.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

In no football fan but the chance to see it on the big screen, Im there oh and I may have a couple of Fosters in my pocket…))

Dimmadan
    Free Member

They can only show terestrial TV if they can get the signal sorted.

slowuphill
    Free Member

The Match is on terestrial so things are looking good.

brakeswithface

I think the year before last was about 1000ft per lap, so about the same as the wall at afan – where everyone whinges about the fireroad climb.

rkk01
    Free Member

I've ridden Mayhem every year that it has been held at Eastnor…
    … and not once considered it to be a flat course

JoB
    Free Member

Sandwell Park was flat, Eastnor isn't

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem & The World Cup’ is closed to new replies.