Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem Retro Flea market!!
  • jonnyboy666
    Free Member

Hey guys,

with mountain mayhem on the horizon i thought i’d let you know that some of us from retrobike will be there willing to open our dust-filled wallets!!

i was hoping that some of you may dig out your old but still useful but unwanted retro parts and potentially pass them on to us!! but please, i dib anything m900 xtr!! (that’s original xtr for those that don’t know!!)

basically on the friday evening we will be having our own little flea market/swaps/karma sale, we should be pretty easy to find as there will be a lot of us and we have some rather large banners aswel.

also come over to see the concourse competition we’re having aswel, you can see the retro metal in all it’s long stemmed flat barred bad handling beauty!!

cheers

jon 😀 😀

40mpg

Sounds cool. Mind if I bring along a retro Kona Explosif to sell? (Its got some XTR M900 but i’m not splitting it sorry)

jonnyboy666
    Free Member

bring down what you want! but for reference most of us will be bringing so much stuff (example, i have a VW T5 and it will be full!!) that we’ll struggle to get a whole other bike in aswel, also generally you’ll make more if you split, i know it’s hassle but if you keep it simple it’s not too bad. for example, keep frame/fork/headset/stem and post together, sell wheels separately, then you can sell the gear/brake components on their own.

should be an awesome weekend 😀

gary

Ah, excellent, could be a way to clear some old wheels out of my garage (including the ones with the m900 hubs 🙂 )

jonnyboy666
    Free Member

gary, check the rims first, if they’re really worn from braking and have gone concave from loads of use just bring the hubs, they’ll defo sell, if the rims are good and matching you could get sensible money, m900 qr’s are quite sought after aswel.

keep it coming guys, get in your garages and sheds!! dig out your old stuff!! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem Retro Flea market!!’ is closed to new replies.