Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem results
  • TheBishop
    Free Member

Does anyone know where the results are posted up?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

bump ! no Im used to getting my gorrick ones a few hours later although I suppose that is somewhat of a smaller event it all needs to be done by hand.

will
    Free Member

Nothing on the website yet, or on Pro Velo Support. Really want to know now!

cakerider
    scu98rkr
    Free Member

have they been there all day ?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

they’ve missed one of our laps probably from Mud over the timer. I’ve contacted info@frsystems.co.uk but is this the right email to contact.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yup they missed my final lap I am currently 15th in the solo men. I did 9 laps in just over 24hours

Conan257
    Free Member

Hope they get you into the top 10 RN!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I thought you had to finish the lap you’re on after 24hrs?
    As two teams above us are showing results but finishing before the 24hours are up.

Conan257
    Free Member

There are teams with times of 25hrs….

Alex

26hrs15 here 🙂 Our last lap was a pretty slack one !

mboy
    Free Member

they’ve missed one of our laps

They missed several laps off several teams. They certainly missed one off our team, not that it matters cos we were nowhere, 2 of our team having mechs ripped off their bikes.

There are teams with times of 25hrs….

There are teams and/or solo riders with times of over 26hrs!

BenjiM

Murdoch came in 9th in the Mens Solo 😯

daveells
    Free Member

Where does one find the Kenda climb times ?

doglover
    Free Member

Well done to everyone who took part, incredible conditions. One of my lap’s missing too.

teamslug
    Free Member

Missed on of our laps too which would have put us in the top 40 in sport but then looking at it alot of people have fast laps then a 4 hour one!!. Our first attempt with a combined age of 169. Thanks to all who took part for smiling when we all wanted to cry and chatting when i’m sure they didnt want to. If the guy on the singlespeeder is on here who i paced up the big grass bank is on here mucho respecto to you pal. Support was amazing/weird/funny. Kudos to Retro bike for the funniest heckles I’ve ever heard. Cheers everybody

onewheelgood

We’re missing our last lap too. We did 8, had a rest and then sent a volunteer out for a 9th at about 9:30 – that lap is missing.

blackchrome
    Free Member

We fielded three teams … all three sent a man out about 9:30-10:00 and all three last laps are missing!

madxela
    Free Member

Mixed sport and veterans just show as blank pages 🙁
    Which as a vet mixed team is a bit of a b*gger!
    Having said that with 11 laps we are going to be top quartile 🙂

will
    Free Member

Seems alot of laps are missing. We also had one, but told them at the time and what kind of time it would have been and got it changed.

Still not sure on the difference between sport and open.

Anyway, look like we came in 7th, so give conditions and 2 snapped rear mechs think we did well.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Well we came in 37th in Open Male, not bad for a bunch of Mayhem virgins (bar me, my 2nd one)

M6TTF
    Free Member

Rammit are down as third despite winning?

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Aye, missed one of our last laps, which would have nudged us up from 7th to 6th in the mixed. By that point lots of things had given up working properly including bicycles + cognitive function.

The commisars said that unlike normal, you could declare. I got in at 4 minutes to go. None of us fancied another component destroying 90 minutes so we called it a draw.

LS
    Free Member

There were quite a few missing laps due to the mud, but the presentations were correct all bar one so I’m sure they’re sorting it out. Our team’s last lap is missing which drops us off the podium, but we’ve got the trophies! 😆

Crell
    Free Member

Pete, if the lap isn’t on the results he looses the bragging rights – “it never happened” 😆

MicArms

Also missing my last 2 laps , would move me from 37th to 22nd in the solo cat.

nobber
    Free Member

Grrrr also missed out last 2 laps… we still won the Vets SS cat but it was announced 12 laps rather than 14 on the podium… plus we should have come second ss overall,

What a sham, after so much effort, never again

DaveRambo

Just to but my fellow team mates minds to rest – The results are to be updated later today to reflect the correct number of laps done.

So those riders, ahem crell, who on all the current photos are smiling and mud free, can resume their rightful place.

My understanding was that every team that completed the event should have a total time that exceeds (or is) 24hrs.
    There should be a results list for those teams that did finish with a last lap and those that decided not to.

It was one thing that got me around that last slog.

will
    Free Member

DaveRambo – Member

My understanding was that every team that completed the event should have a total time that exceeds (or is) 24hrs.
    There should be a results list for those teams that did finish with a last lap and those that decided not to.

It was one thing that got me around that last slog.

Same here. It’s how it has worked in every 24hr/12hr event i’ve done. So can’t understand the results now. Hopefully the update will shed some light!

Alex

We were 40th in Sport and 28th in Vets. I’m refusing to look at any updates since all our laps were captured. I’e told everyone that was our result and I’m sticking to it 🙂

scu98rkr
    Free Member

cheers for the update look forward to seeing the real results

DaveRambo

I asked the question of total elapsed time to the timing people and the response is

Under normal rules you are correct. But Patrick decided due to the weather you could declare at any point.

IMO this is the wrong decision, it penalises those teams that stayed until the end.
    You can’t go changing the rules while you allow people to still ride the course. It might have been very bad conditions but the race wasn’t abandoned, so if you make the decision to retire you shouldn’t be ranked in the results.

will
    Free Member

That’s stupid in my opinion! I’m saying that anybody who finished under 24hrs didn’t finish, hopefully that will move us up a few places 😆

votchy
    Free Member

The decision to change the rules was announced at the rider briefing so everyone was aware before the race started

aracer
    Free Member

The decision to change the rules was announced at the rider briefing so everyone was aware before the race started

From what I heard, they also announced that every rider had to do 2 laps – something which doesn’t apply to an awful lot of teams (including the one I did a single lap for). Or does this rule not apply if no team member did 3 laps?

I’m fairly sure we’re missing a lap, as one of my team-mates commented about the difference between his two laps, but he’s only down as having done one – though we have the last lap with a finishing time of over 24 hours.

steve_b77
    Free Member

At the briefing it was announced that teams had to complete 1 lap each instead of 2, and then their time would count.

Pro-elites had to complete 3 laps each as opposed to four.

rkk01
    Free Member

On reflection, quite satisfied with our 9 laps…!

aracer
    Free Member

At the briefing it was announced that teams had to complete 1 lap each instead of 2, and then their time would count.

Ah – admittedly I wasn’t at the briefing, but could kind of hear it as I rode back to my car (parked in the day parking) – must have misheard that.

hoddo80
    Free Member

Had one of our times as 4 hours plus which has cost us a place. Admitadly he was our weekest rider but we had him down with a time of 2 hours 40 as we clocked all our riders. 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem results’ is closed to new replies.