• This topic has 162 replies, 82 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by tang.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 163 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem – New date, new location!
  • njee20
    Free Member

i dont fancy a 40 mile drive home after being up for 24+ hours.

40 miles? Luxury! Sure you’ll manage, never done a 24 that’s been within 100 miles!

tuffty
    Free Member

Maybe back to Sandwell – that’s about 40 miles from Eastnor.

Wrong 😉

jota180
    Free Member

Take it from me its a nice place to camp

No such place exists

big_n_daft
    Free Member

the only way you will ever get to ride a mountain bike here is by entering Wiggle Mountain Mayhem

so we can enjoy riding through freshly cut grass and bracken which will as usual take more than their fair share of rear mechs

tuffty
    Free Member

I ride my bike there, one of the few perks of working for the venue provider 😉

crezzy

I’m not bothered where it is as long as we can get our retrobike heckling tent in a decent position on the course

wonnyj
    Free Member

Can someone explain the attraction of these ‘Mountain’ events that are nowhere near mountains? Why not call it Extreme Adventure Mountain Mayhem and move it to Norfolk.

These days I’ll only enter an event if the location includes the words “BASE CAMP”.

aracer
    Free Member

I ride my bike there

So “a private location never before used for cycling in any way” is a lie then?

wonnyj
    Free Member

I think they’ll head West to the hillier welsh border country.

ricksternicolai
    Free Member

Enville Estate near Kinver

just looked at the home page good chance we will all get shot! 🙁

Rickos
    Free Member

Badminton, you know, where they do the horse trials. Might not be hilly enough though, but that never stopped Sleepless…

mrmo
    Free Member

Take it from me its a nice place to camp, although it is heavy clay ground, and it features an airfield

heavy clay ground, you mean thick sticky mud?

tuffty
    Free Member

Never been used for an organized event.

mrmo
    Free Member

Badminton, you know, where they do the horse trials. Might not be hilly enough though, but that never stopped Sleepless…

to be honest, sandwell even though it had no hills was a very fun course to ride. So i would say hills optional

Mark

I know where it is. I’m excited 🙂

wwaswas

Mark – if I promise not to post any more on the classifieds forum debate will you tell me? 😉

tuffty
    Free Member

So do I, I work there. Easy to get to with great road links, muddy as hell off the forest roads. And its pretty flat.

mrmo
    Free Member

muddy as hell off the forest roads. And its pretty flat.

your selling this well….

clay….

mud or forest roads…..

can we have something a bit more positive about the possible course…

rOcKeTdOg

Mark, when will it be announced?

tuffty
    Free Member

Sorry that’s how it is, just hope for some dry weather. They might build some features 😉

Mark

not sure exactly.. im waiting for the call from Pat

LoCo
    Free Member

Margam park maybe ? 😉 although might be a bit too hard

tuffty
    Free Member

No. Further east 😉

mrmo
    Free Member

croome park.

tuffty
    Free Member

Nope

MrTall
    Free Member

On a totally unrelated subject, who do you work for Tuffty? 😉

Will i have a longer drive from Bromsgrove or shorter?

ndthornton
    Free Member

Whaaaaaat – Its called MOUNTAIN mayhem – are they going to change the name as well?

If there’s no hills im not playing 🙁
    Il go and ride the old course on my own 🙂
    Wont be as muddy if its just me!

“it is completely virgin mountain bike territory – a private location never before used for cycling in any way”

Followed by;

“Maybe back to Sandwell”

and

“Margam park maybe ?”

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/forum-etiquette-people-who-obviously-havent-read-the-question

MarkN
    Free Member

Traumatised more like I live about 10 miles from Eastnor and whenever I’m up there you can still see the wreckage from last year. I wonder if the estate had any part to play in them moving it.

I would not be surprised.

tuffty
    Free Member

If I said who I worked for it would give the location. Mm seem to be keeping it secret, but it is common knowledge at work. From Bromsgrove its m42, m6, a14 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

MTG, didn’t see that as haven’t had the time to read the entire thread 😉

I’m now guessing it’s a National Trust property of some kind if it’s ‘virgin’

tuffty
    Free Member

No, its a large private estate in the midlands.

rOcKeTdOg

Rugby?
    bruntingthorpe airfield?

theashnav
    Free Member

Stanford Hall 🙂

gearfreak
    Free Member

If it’s 40miles from Eastnor, then the directions for M6, M42, A14 don’t make sence as they would indicate closer to 80 miles from eastnor.

So either the press realease is wrong, or someone doesn’t know as much as he thinks he does.

If it’s the press realease that is wrong I’d hazard a second on Bruntingthorpe.

rOcKeTdOg

He said midlands though, isn’t that warwickshire?

jd-boy
    Free Member

Stonliegh show ground, were they had the bike show for a couple of years, were the Royal show used to be ? loads of undercover barns, water, loos, concreate roads. ? 😛

LoCo
    Free Member

and a miniture railway 😀

jd-boy
    Free Member

there you go, railway back and forth to camp, change over undercover in a barn, it just makes sense 🙄 and if the weather is really crap, just ride building to building 8)

Mantastic
    Free Member

Weston Park in Wolverhampton??

I recall a race was going to be held there a couple years back, I dont think it was ever ran due to the cost and lack of entries (Jan time)

Certainly plenty of space for Camping, and loads of woodland, but not too many hills

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 163 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem – New date, new location!’ is closed to new replies.