Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem Mixed team – how strict?
  • sgn23
    Free Member

There’s 5 of us who want to do MM, so we’ve entered as a mixed team of 5 but we’re all male. We’ve no intention of trying to win, it’s a fun category after all. Do you think we can get away without having a woman? Maybe one of us is pre-op?!

psling
    Free Member

They say rules are for breaking but then they also say cheating is for cheats.

Could be interesting at signing-on… 😯

At the very least, one of you should wear a dress on every lap; it’s a “fun category after all” although some teams will be racing for the win.

BadlyWiredDog

Perhaps you should just race as a women’s team with an extra member… 😉

big_n_daft
    Free Member

The mixed category is one of the few with prizes anywhere worth winning

Is the plan to show up at the presentation with only four riders and say the woman’s gone home? 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

big_n_daft – Member

Is the plan to show up at the presentation with only four riders and say the woman’s gone home?

Well somebody has to put the dinner on and wash the weekends riding kit

vickypea
    Free Member

Provided you don’t beat us (our team is 4 blokes and me), I won’t complain 😉

Rickos
    Free Member

I don’t get it. Why would you do that?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Confused????

aP
    Free Member

You should have gone the whole hog and entered solo category for your team of 5 instead.
    That would be much more satisfying surely?

aP
    Free Member

Actually, thinking about it, solo women would be perfect for your team of 5 men.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

khani
    Free Member

Is it because there’s five of you and the same sex group is for teams of four? If so, draw straws for who’s the pit bitch..

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

one of you needs to contemplate surgery, and soon.

I’m not sure the pricing is right for a mixed team of 5.
    mixed team of 5 = 245, team of 4 = 245
    I guess its cause the woman is only along for a bit of fun, and to make tea and stuff that women do

vickypea
    Free Member

The pricing seems fair to me, since a team with 5 people gets fewer laps per person than a team of 4.
    I am not rising to the bait about only being there for fun and brewing up!

gee
    Free Member

It’s not exactly cheating as you’re not there to win, it’s just not in the spirit of the event.

Man up, find 3 more friends and enter 2 4 man teams.

GB

grtdkad

Suggest you contact Pat / Provelo and change the class entered. No?

njee20
    Free Member

Gee +1

Recruit three more friends and have a race between the 2 teams!

shortcut

Most teams get competitive, even regarding mid table as being important ish.

So not really in the spirit. Suggest you get 2 teams of 4 or a team of ten or something. One of you could go solo!

sgn23
    Free Member

Thanks for the views guys. We’ve been onto the organisers and they’re happy for us to enter as a 5, but we’ll be flagged as ‘non-competitive’ so wont win any prizes.
    One of us will be registering in drag 😛

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem Mixed team – how strict?’ is closed to new replies.