• This topic has 20 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem for a non-biker
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was thinking of dragging MrsWCA along to MM. I am with Team Bullheart (http://www.justgiving.com/TeamBullheart) so there will be a few of us there.

Unfortunately she doesn’t really like mountain biking. I created the Big Bike Bash as an event where riders and non-riders could both enjoy the event and was wondering what MM was like for non-riders.

Will she be sat in a wet tent wondering why she is there or is there stuff for her to do/see?

I am part of a team of ten so should be there most the time but as a MM virgin I have no idea what to expect. Is it just a group of middle aged, middle class men in Lycra or is there a party feel to it?

There’s not much on site.
    If she’s got transport, Ledbury and Malvern are both nice places to visit.

bullheart
    Free Member

I will stun her with my interlectuerlism interrlecktooalism intalellectualism….

…brains

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

She has no transport.

Bullheart – you go near my wife and it won’t be cancer you need to worry about 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

And by the way, you need to join up to the facebook page, as does Elf!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_168439569883679&ap=1

EDIT: It ain’t me guv – it’s me pheremones…! 😯

And there’s Eastnor Castle itself of course within walking distance.

Is this likely to be of interest ?
    http://www.eastnorcastle.com/special_event.aspx?id=206

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

bull – don’t do facebook. I was just planning on turning up on Friday and winging it. Apparently I am bringing someone else with me from Brighton.

BTW where is MM and when does it start?

bullheart
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

It in a big park with deer in it, other than some stalls selling over priced bike stuff and food that’s all you get

I’ve been to the last ten as a non rider and love it

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

MM is a bit dull on the atmosphere front. SITS is way better and more fun and family orientated

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I live in Ledbury. The whole area is nice. If she likes walking, the malverns are litterally just over the hill at eastnor. If not, then theres Eastnor castle itself. If she doesn’t like castles then theres Ledbury which is a nice market town with over-expensive touristy shops. If she doesn’t like towns then… erm. Maybe take some sleeping tablets until the whole thing is over?

DezB
    Free Member

Most people are concentrating on their riding – I’d take my son, but not my wife. She’d be bored stiff.

TimP
    Free Member

Apparently I am bringing someone else with me from Brighton

Hi!!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hi Tim

Looks like the wife will be left at home then

veedubba

Just read the Justgiving thread. I’m well impressed and will make a donation.

I may also offer you some black pudding off Perpetual Motion Squad’s BBQ at Mayhem. We’d be the ones in hideous orange t shirts if I’d bothered to order any.

DezB
    Free Member

Is that the raffle one veedubba?

veedubba

Nope, the sponsorship link. But I’d be up for a raffle. I like the deluded hope of winning when history has proven that I’m the unluckiest raffler that has ever lived.

5thElefant
    Free Member

MM is a bit dull on the atmosphere front. SITS is way better and more fun and family orientated

Weird. MM has loads of atmosphere and SITS is relaxed, easy and a bit dull.

There’s fireworks at midnight! My Mrs has done at least 10 so I guess it can’t be that dull for a non-rider.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Watch out – last time I want as a non-rider, I ended up riding night laps for one of the Marines teams.

DezB
    Free Member

But I’d be up for a raffle.
    If you’re gonna donate anyway, you might as well enter the raffle eh? 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem for a non-biker’ is closed to new replies.