Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 387 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem 2014
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Sunny forecast? No wind? That makes my head hurt and has got to be wrong. Perhaps that’s on the other version of Earth.

Can’t work out how much different that lap is from last year?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

It looks like almost all of it is different, its clockwise this time. The section names may be the same but look in different places.

njee20
    Free Member

Here was my trace from last year – looks broadly similar to me, but the devil will be in the detail I guess, you only need to move a couple of trails and it’ll feel entirely different.

Other way too innit?

Edit: too slow.

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve already been over & taped out a space 😉

richpips
    Free Member

I’m after a solo entry if anyone has a spare?

tang
    Free Member

The course didn’t go into areas B&C last year. Even though I’ve bust my wrist I’ll be there from this weekend. Actually I’m pretty much there most days next door! I think you get a good look at where I stay on the return to finish now!

jaymoid

Cakefest:

Just for you:

Last years track is overlayed in turquise, yes it’s not that accurate, but you get the idea.

rOcKeTdOg

Looks like that soul destroying grassy climb is missing this year, phew!

jaymoid

njee:

I thought they made a big thing of the trackside camping this year? Looks similar to last year isn’t it?

I _think_ you could only camp next to thr track if you were a soloist. Which in itself was teamist (as opposed to soloist – no? Ok, I’ll get me coat).

Still tempted to try and find a team if the weather does look that good in the days before!

Were you doing it solo, or not doing it at all?

dazh

I’m after a solo entry if anyone has a spare?

Have they closed the entries? I managed to enter solo a couple of weeks back, but had to use the ‘female’ category on the website and then get them to change it after (which they were happy to do). A mate of mine did the same. Might be worth an email to the events team.

Did it for the first time last year in a team and did 5 laps. Going solo this year could be a bit of an eye-opener! On the plus side I’m much fitter than last year and about half a stone lighter.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

solo again this year, only proper solo this year as no wife or mum to tell me to htfu and get out the tent. I really want a preview video of the course like last year.

jaymoid

Yeah I don’t think they’ll bother, last year the location was new and they were keen to show it off. Fingers crossed though, looks to be completely in the wooded area now, not sure whether this is a good thing or not. I think (hope) the Kenda Koffin my be sanitized slightly as there were a lot of offs last year, and it became a bottleneck on the first lap.

pete68
    Free Member

@richpips. Still for sale on the wiggle website. They were all sold out so some more must have been released.

steve_b77
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    I’ve already been over & taped out a space

Good work, see you there 8)

grtdkad

That weather forecast looks flippin’ fantastic…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

That weather forecast looks flippin’ fantastic…

Mud tyres will be on my bike…..

Phil_H

Mountain mayhem is the only time of year my mud tyres go on 😀

tang
    Free Member

It’s absolutely glorious on site today!

jonny-m
    Free Member

Just put my mud X’s on my spare wheelset.
    You never know, but it is mayhem after all
    Have I cursed it….?
    What ever happens I’m looking forward to it now

grtdkad

I’ve just re-Goretex-ed all of my waterproofs so we should be guaranteed a scorcher!

njee20
    Free Member

Were you doing it solo, or not doing it at all?

Currently not entered at all! Still hedging my bets re the weather!

jonny-m
    Free Member

There’s someone asking for team member on this forum if anyone one wants a place.
    Go on, you know you want to…..

njee20
    Free Member

Already replied, it’s looking good, but anything could happen still!

will
    Free Member

Saturday is looking like FULL sun now. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

That’s just what they want you to think!

chum3
    Free Member

Is there a lap length anywhere? Seen the maps, but just trying to work out how long it’s going to take to get round (assuming it stays dry etc etc etc)

tang
    Free Member

njee20
    Free Member

assuming it stays dry etc etc etc

I’d suggest that the “etc” is the key part there, the conditions could easily double lap times, so it’s a fairly irrelevant activity!

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

11.2 k, cool shorter this year then! for mere mortals like me think I can manage another lap at that length. I’m VERY excited and can’t wait got friday off work to get there for 09:00.

tang
    Free Member

Actually it might be 11.4 this year. I’ll check, I’m on site.

njee20
    Free Member

11.2 k, cool shorter this year then

Nope, it was 11k last year, so basically the same, depending on how wide you run on the corners!

How dry is it Tang? I mean, really, how dry is it!? Not a Pat Adams 2012 “It’s drying out and we’ve avoided the worst bits” report. 😉

tang
    Free Member

It’s drying nicely, not bone dry. We have had a lot of rain here last month. The forecast is good this week so fingers crossed! I’ve bust my wrist so light duties only :-(.

njee20
    Free Member

Shame! Drier than last year, or similar? I really can’t be arsed to get muddy and slither around for 24 hours again 🙂

tang
    Free Member

Oh plenty drier atm. Last year was the same at this point, then it rained. Forecast is pretty good.

njee20
    Free Member

Yay! Correct answer 🙂

JoB
    Free Member

i’m almost allowing myself to not even think about the M-word tyres, for the first time in, er, a decade

njee20
    Free Member

2006 was the last really dry one wasn’t it? Can’t see we’ll be at that state, but at least not needing ‘those’ tyres would be great!

LS
    Free Member

2010 was bone dry, I ran an old pair of Wildgripper Sprints that I found at the back of the garage 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Aah yes, didn’t do that one, typically!

jaymoid

tang – I’m curious, what’s your job down there? (if you don’t mind me asking).

Got any insider information? 😀 have you had a chance to ride the course? – any immediate info in terms of how it compares to last years? Please say less hilly.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 387 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem 2014’ is closed to new replies.