Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem 2013 – date?
  • 40mpg

Anyone know what the date is for MM next year? I may have signed up to a Biiiiig ride the week before!

shortcut

Not sure but really can’t wait for more of this!!

My guess is 22nd and 23rd June.

Drac

It’s always around the weekend of the longest day.

dizcostix
    Free Member

bigtime – I wouldn’t worry about the specific date as I doubt it’ll sell out for 2013 due to the shambolic lies (supposed weatherproofing of the course) and organisation (3 working bike washes etc). Just get your entry in last minute if you feel like it.

Anyway, always thought it was sorted for the weekend closest to the longest day of the year?

EDIT: just seen Dracs response – looks like i was on the right lines

40mpg

It’s always around the weekend of the wettest day.

FTFY

Anyway, i’m not worried about the weather as its a weekend long drunken disco (in a sumo suit) for me. Just wondered if the date was fixed yet?

daznal
    Free Member

just check the long range forcast and look for the weekend with the shitest weather it’ll be that one

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I may have signed up to a Biiiiig ride the week before!

What you up to then?

40mpg
    ciderinsport
    Free Member

Cool!

Straight from there to do a solo sumo mayhem then 😉

grtdkad

Bump

…any official update on dates from Mr Adams yet?

grtdkad

28th Feb entries open we know.

I’m guessing Fri 21 – Sun 23rd June which coincides with that warm dry spell and a full moon.

Tad worried that there’s no news yet from Provelo though. All okay with the Adams family? 😐

Mark

All is fine with Pat. I was speaking to him earlier this week about his events. There will be a news story about Mayhem coming soon.

njee20
    Free Member

Is it a new all weather course, with the worst bits removed, and all running really well?

They could just re-use last years press-release, it’s not like it ever bears any resemblance to the actual event!

Alex

Mountain Mayhem 2012 – Race Days by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Pictures
    Words

It’s 10 minutes up the road from me. I’ll not be doing it this year. I’ve already accepted a position as ‘team heckler’ for those slightly odd people who seem to enter every year.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I’m so looking forward to Mayhem, last year was brilliant fun sliding about in the mud!

It’s always good for a laugh – hoping to get together a team of ten ladies for cake eating/wine drinking/coffee slurping, oh and of course an occasional lap 😀

Hells

Anyone know how much and entry was for last year?? I’m going to see if I can get a team together and it would be nice to give them an idea of cost!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ladies eating cake that sounds like my thign! I haven’t done it in a few years but really fancy it this year! would love to do it in a girlie team but don’t know enough girlies who MTB 🙁

EdToogood
    Free Member

Not sure if you’ve all seen this yet, but just in case it’s the 15-16th June.

http://www.wigglemountainmayhem.com/2013/01/wiggle-mountain-mayhem-2013-event-dates-announced-but-where/

rOcKeTdOg

It’ll be sunny this year

monkeychild
    Free Member

It’ll be sunny this year

I’ll pack the mud tyres.

rOcKeTdOg

Pack them away, good idea

monkeychild
    Free Member

Pack them away, good idea

No chance!!! I have bog snorkelling gear at the ready.

Mark

I’m going to pre-ride the course on Thursday. A full report will be published on my return 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Ooo, be interested. Unless it’s crap. When I’m not.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Sweet. Fingers crossed it’s a good ‘un!

njee20
    Free Member

Any update on this Mark?

emac65
    Free Member

Perhaps he hasn’t returned …………………

njee20
    Free Member

Stuck in the mud.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’m sure STW tweeted something about it last week. They said it should be quite resiliant to the weather and SSers will struggle to clean a lap.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How can Mark have been and ridden it.

Surely the course doesnt exsist until the day before when they get the lawn mower out to cut the grass so it resembles a ‘course’ as opposed to a field.

Wouldnt be the same if your jockey wheels were not jammed up with freshly cut long grass….

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Well the video of the new course looks grassy, muddy and land rover tracks…

Sound familiar?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Glad I have no jockey wheels to worry about 😀

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem 2013 – date?’ is closed to new replies.