Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem 2011 entries
  • robcrayton
    Free Member

So it’s this time of year when mountain mayhem entries go live midnight on Monday/Tuesday and people ride to Pats house up in the middle of no where in Buxton, with them they bring their entry forms filled in after printing them off at midnight, then make the up to 5 hour drive to make sure they got their place, but do you think the event should go online entries?

For this year at least it stays as a postal entry, what do you think?

terrahawk
    Free Member

not bothered really – but if it was me organising it I think I’d prefer not to have the great unwashed arriving on my doorstep and make them enter online instead 😉

crazy-legs

but if it was me organising it I think I’d prefer not to have the great unwashed arriving on my doorstep and make them enter online instead

Pat likes it. In fact I think I saw somewhere that there’s a prize on offer for the first person to turn up at his door with their signed form and the entry fee.
    He stays up all night, gets in the coffee and cake, welcomes people in. 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

this will never happen for Hit the North 😉

(there might be a ‘prize’ for turning up waving entry forms under my nose though)

robcrayton
    Free Member

Coffee, cakes and a free The North Face rucksack for the first entry. I suppose if it all went online this would all be lost?

grahamh
    Free Member

do you think the event should go online entries?

Big answer.. NO
    Look how quick HONC filled up, and that is only a small event.
    There isn’t a server that could handle the load of 100’s of hits in a few seconds of the entry opening.

topangarider
    Free Member

Forgive my ignorance, but what does mountain Mayhem have that other events don’t? (Genuine question)

mrmo
    Free Member

Forgive my ignorance, but what does mountain Mayhem have that other events don’t? (Genuine question)

f*** knows, it was fun at Sandwell but in my view Malvern is crap.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Character. Character goes a long way.

topangarider
    Free Member

& what gives it this ‘Character’?

Only done Bonty 24twelve and SITS. Preferred Bonty. Perhaps not so much the course, but it seemed a better put together event. Is this what you mean?

5thElefant
    Free Member

& what gives it this ‘Character’?

The hecklers help. The thousands of people too. Meeting up with all your mates. I think there may be some bike related stuff, but that’s incidental.

topangarider
    Free Member

24twelve has that too.

I have absolutely nothing against it and would love to do it, but so far as I can make out, there’s nothing in particular why this event should be any better than the others. Nothing against Pat, but I was a little dissapointed at SITS last year. It ran smoothly, but the title sponsor didn’t rock up until the Sat am! We did get leftover Source shampoo from MM though!

Anyway, back to the subject matter………

robcrayton
    Free Member

Topandarider, you missed out the best one of them all.

5thElefant
    Free Member

24twelve has that too.

In a small way. Kind of a half of mayhem shandy.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Mayhem has the number of people that the others don’t.
    The sheer number of people make the atmosphere and the event brilliant. Regardless of the course it is a great event and I look forward to it every year.

They could hold it around a duck pond and I would still enter.

5thElefant
    Free Member

They could hold it around a duck pond and I would still enter.

😀

emac65
    Free Member

Did Mayhem from 04-07, never bothered to get up at silly o’clock,to fill the form in & then drive up to Pat’s with it.Just got up 15 mins earlier than usual,filled the form in & posted it on the way to work,job done….

But it is a great event & I will do it again in the very near future.As above have said you can’t pin it down why it’s so good,it just is……

terrahawk
    Free Member

I thought last year’s Mayhem had a really good course. I wasn’t the only one to think this either (admittedly the weather helped).

For me it’s still the biggest 24 in the UK.

Picto
    Free Member

Ah, last years Mayhem, wanders off in to memory bliss.

First time in three entries where I can genuinely say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Much to do with it not being the usual mudfest, and getting the racing/beer ratio about right. Great course which held up over the whole weekend.

What all MTB endurance events should be like.

psling
    Free Member

It’s probably the only MTB event I know (outside of World Cup Downhill) where it’s not just the competitors and their crew that turn up but on each day other people turn up to look around the arena, take in the stands, maybe do some test rides, etc.. or even just spectate 😯

Oh, and keep it postal; there’s something reassuring about it in this technological age when events are sold out within a couple of hours and if you don’t happen to be within immediate reach of the ‘net you miss out.

sinnett177
    Free Member

Do entries open midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow night?

Cheers Mark

grahamh
    Free Member

Entries open the nano second the date changes from 28/02/11 to 01/03/11.

Shergie
    Free Member

Can anyone find the entry fee’s for this year or is it a case of waiting till the forms come out?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem 2011 entries’ is closed to new replies.