Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mountain kings
  • gfletch
    Free Member

Bit of a daft question, I’ve just bought 2 mountain
    King black chilli tyres off eBay, how can u tell if they
    Are genuine ?

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

cut them up and then rub your mucous membranes….

chiefgrooveguru

They’ll say made in Germany on them and not try to kill you to death when it rains.

DarrenH

^ this ^

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

To be fair I’m finding the cheap ass MK II quite good. But yes the BC ones are 3x the price and say Handmade in Germany.

gfletch
    Free Member

I take it everyone thinks they’re shit

jonba
    Free Member

Love mine, and they are the £12 cheapo wire ones. But then I got da skillz.

liquid1000
    Free Member

Cheap ones great on rear but terrifying on the front

Northwind

Are they originals or MK2s? If they’re originals, stick one on the back, go for a ride in the wet, if it’s merely quite unimpressive then it’s a black chili, if it’s properly 90s awful then it’s a cheap one.

Oh OK, serious answer- with the older model, it’ll be a Protection or Supersonic if it’s black chili. If it’s a newer one, believe all the black chili versions have Made in Germany on the side- all part of the black chili mythos.

gfletch
    Free Member

It’s a race sport, daren’t put them on now, thought they
    We’re decent , lol

Northwind

Race Sport is always black chili, according to the website anyway. And is a relatively new designation, I don’t think the old triangles MK came in RS. So should be good.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Run mk2 black chilli on rear but on the advice of the Stw massive put a rubber queen black chilli on the front. Find that combo great rear is very predictable in all weathers and the rubber queen is awesome for me, going to run a rubber queen on the rear to get a comparison.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Supersonic or Protection = Black Chilli.

Everything else is like having hardened plastic for tyres…

Northwind

fizzicist – Member

Supersonic or Protection = Black Chilli.

Everything else is like having hardened plastic for tyres…

Nah, that’s pretty out of date now, there’s plenty of black chili models that aren’t SS or Protection.

BearBack
    Free Member

Yep, RaceSport should be black chilli.
    Its a more durable version of their supersonic race day tyre.

2.2 MK is pretty skinny but a fast tyre. 2.4 MKII is a perfect all day, ride anything, tyre imo

I’ve forund that running them low is the way forwards.. 20psi tubed or tubeless (2.4 protection RTR version) I’m 80kgs. Faster rolling that RQ 2.2 but less traction (cornering and braking.. still hooks up on technical ascents though.

Stick them on and go for a ride and enjoy yoru ebay sucess 🙂

killwillforchips
    Free Member

I know its a side step off topic but ive recently fitted some X kings after running Race kings and i find them excellent. Much more sure footed than the race kings.

IMO’ conti’ tyres are – king!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mountain kings’ is closed to new replies.