Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mountain Kings
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Just got some Mountain Kings 2.2 USTs. They say to not fit them tubeless to a non tubeless rim.

Which was exactly what I was planning on doing.

Am I going to have problems? Or are they just covering themselves?

Davy
    Free Member

They’ll be fine. They say that so that you don’t try fitting them on a normal rim (without any tubeless kit), and then wonder why they won’t seal.

RealMan
    Free Member

Alright, cheers.

Bikebreaker
    Free Member

What do you think to mountain kings, my new ride comes with them so was going to try them before changing to high rollers or minions.

Sorry for the highjack.

franki
    Free Member

Not overly impressed with my 2.2″ that came with the bike.
    Fast and grippy in the dry, but give way on the front easily in mud and spinny in mud on the rear.
    Not sure if I’ll stick them out until they’re knackered or change them. Depends on how much rain we have in the next few weeks, I reckon.

O.K. but not great.

If you like Highrollers and Minions, I suspect they probably aren’t the tyre for you…

auricgoldfinger

I’d agree with Franki – there was quite a bit of hype around them and personally I don’t rate them. Also use HR’s and agree that if you like them Mtn Kings won’t do it for you (IMO).

Bikebreaker
    Free Member

Cheers for that, I think I’ll take the tyres off my old bike, even though they are starting to show signs of wear they still give loads of confidence. I had some Nokian tyres a few years ago, I used to call them my suicide tyres, they were really fast in a straight line and got their name at the first corner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Kings’ is closed to new replies.