Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mountain King tyres too big for frame?
  • sturmey
    Free Member

Been running conti MK 2.4s back of last year and just put them back on again and am now convinced they are too wide for a Cotic Soul frame. This and and the wheel sits a bit to one side in the dropouts. I have tried a different wheel with a 2.1 nevegal and it still sits a bit to one side but the narrower tyre means its not too much of an issue. Anyone else use them with this frame thoughts please. I know they are a marmite tyre but I found them ok.

Edric64
    Free Member

If the wheel sits to one side it may want to be redished

sturmey
    Free Member

Tried another wheel amd that was a bit out too. Can a bike shop tell if the wheel needs redishing from just putting it in the jig?

walla24
    Free Member

are you sure the tyre is seated properly, sometimes they sit off to one side

neilnevill
    Free Member

you can tell if the wheel needs redishing, put it in the frame the othr way around (drive side to non drive side) if rim is ow over the other side then it isn't dished right.

sturmey
    Free Member

After shoving about 80psi in and soapy water round the rim and checking very carefully yes it is seated evenly all the way round. I guess the best way is to use the rim as a guide.

sturmey
    Free Member

Not sure if swapping the wheel round will work thought rear wheels were dished with an offset can't get my head around that at the moment.

MrGreedy

I'd be quite surprised if a 2.4 was too big for a Soul, I have some 2.35s on that still have *masses* of clearance.

sturmey
    Free Member

what do you class as masses, index finger width or so? Had a measure last night and by the rack of my eye and I conseder to be reasonably accurate the rim is about 2mm off centre.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mountain King tyres too big for frame?’ is closed to new replies.