Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mountain King II Black Chilli Front / Rubber Queen Black Chilli Rear combo?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Currently running highroller Ardent combo was considering a change to Continental to run tubeless anyone running this combo could give their opinion , ride natural singletrack mostly in ireland and the odd trail centre day once or twice a year

Northwind

Seems the wrong way round to me?

swingbing
    Free Member

I’ve done it but the other way around. The Queen comes up huge, the MK still huge but not quite so ridiculous. So I’d go with the queen on the front.

Loved it, running 2.4 MK front and rear now, only swapped the front out to save the weight. Queens are heavy!

chiefgrooveguru

Rubber Queen is a stickier compound too. Jedi runs 2.4 RQ front, 2.4 MK rear, FWIW. I can recommend 2.2 RQ front, 2.4 X-King rear, as an alternative. The logic behind that is that although the X-King’s side knobs aren’t as big as the MK’s, and thus won’t rail as hard in loose stuff, they are more widely spaced and so won’t clog up as badly when it gets sticky, plus it’s very friendly in its driftiness and rolls fast.

The RQ 2.2 is essentially the same size as a MK 2.4 or XK 2.4 – and weighs about the same. The RQ 2.4 is heavier because it’s even bigger!

chakaping
    Free Member

ride natural singletrack mostly in ireland and the odd trail centre day once or twice a year

Get MK 2s both ends. They’re great and really versatile.

Not tried them tubeless yet though, that’s the only thing. You need to get the “Protection” model to get black chili, the UST is normal rubber.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Rq come up big, mk and xk come up small. I now run mk 2.4 front and xk 2.2 back but sizing is more like 2.3 / 2.1. Rq is also a bit draggy for all round use mk is just that bit faster rolling.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers for the info just got to decide if its these or Hans dampf evo’s to put my new stan flow’s.

warpcow
    Free Member

Stan’s stopped recommending newer Schwalbe, tubeless-ready, tyres for running tubeless on their rims. Just fyi. I’ve got older EVO (non-tubeless-ready) tyres and they’re fine.

mintimperial

Stan’s stopped recommending newer Schwalbe, tubeless-ready, tyres for running tubeless on their rims.

I think Schwalbe fixed this recently. I fitted some new Hans Dampfs to some Crests the other week and they went on fine and went up with just a track pump, easiest tyres I’ve ever fitted.

colournoise

Yeah, get the RQ on the front and then choose whatever faster rolling, slightly less grippy tyre you want on the rear. Personally I run a Rubber Queen 2.2 (UST, Black Chilli) up front with a 2.2 X King (Protection, Black Chilli) on the rear. Hugely grippy front end and a predictably slidey/drifty rear.

slainte 🙂 rob

simonm
    Free Member

RQ front and rear for me. They roll really fast anyway.

honourablegeorge

warpcow – Member
    Stan’s stopped recommending newer Schwalbe, tubeless-ready, tyres for running tubeless on their rims. Just fyi. I’ve got older EVO (non-tubeless-ready) tyres and they’re fine.

Not quite true – They don’t list Schwalbe amongst the non-tubeless tyres that should work well. They say any tubeless ready tyre should be fine (again without mentioning Schwalbe)

thehairyrider
    Free Member

Just put my order in for these 2 tyres (BC RQ 2.2 & BC MK2 Protection 2.2) – but as others have said, seems the wrong way ’round to me i.e. RQ should be on the front, MK2 on the back

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice guys, going for RQ 2.2 fr and MK II 2.4 on the rear.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mountain King II Black Chilli Front / Rubber Queen Black Chilli Rear combo?’ is closed to new replies.