Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mountain guides without vertigo?
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a guided mtb holiday in mountains that doesn’t include switchbacks on the edge of a cliff, but does include great riding?

Why? Because I love riding, but near death experience from wobbling off my bike does not float my boat

Trekster

Just do what I did on that switchback fest you’ve possibly seen from Spain = get off and walk 🙄 💡 It was the only bit that spooked me, it more the distraction of seeing other riders below you and not concentrating on your own bit of trail.
    Managed everything when in Verbier and Chatel. With the likes of those places you only ever see the “warriors” posting photos and videos of the fast jumpy stuff. There is easier/safer tracks and lots of XC type of riding.

Just by looking at the photos Doug @ basque mtb might be what your looking for ❓

doug_basqueMTB.com

Ha Ha, thanks Trekster…

We don´t take you there unless you ask for it 🙂

The Basque Coast trip can give anything from moderate to really, really techy but tends to avoid switchbacks all together and mostly the cliffs are a reasonable distance away!

ThePilot
    Free Member

I went to southern Spain and the Alps last year.
    Found Spain much more scary – edge of the cliff switchbacks, super loose ground etc.
    Much much preferred the Alps (I went with The White Room).
    Basque mtb looks good for something a bit earlier in the year.

Northwind

Very little horrible vertigo stuff on most of the white rooms rides I’ve done. Except for the bloody vanoise express!

AndyRT
    Free Member

Cheers all, I feel like a rare breed of sheep that doesn’t eat grass, but I’ve tried doing climbing and other types of aversion conditioning but it just doesn’t get any better.

Basque MTB interests me and as much as I love the Alps the mud slurry lottery puts me off a little

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mountain guides without vertigo?’ is closed to new replies.