Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Mountain Biking v Surfing
  • darkcyan
    Free Member

I ride my mountain bike far more than I surf and enjoy it just as much if not more but when I see someone cycling by the coast I always look beyond to that perfect set in the background and think get your board out mate.

seavers
    Free Member

Cool story bro.

maxtorque

Have you considered a compromise?

😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jtintheuk
    Free Member

When the waves are rolling in, definitely take the board out as good waves don’t come around often.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I got back into mountain biking after a 10 year hiatus as a result of being miles from the nearest surf break. Now live in Devon and enjoy both but if I’ve got the chance to hit the beach with a decent swell running then the bike is left in the garage.

That said I’m definitely a better mountain biker than I am a surfer…. I took up surfing far too late in life to get to a decent level but still really enjoy it which I guess is what it’s all about.

I think there are a lot of parallels – feeling you get on a really good wave is similar to that of getting a good flow on the bike.

Yesterday I managed to combine a surf in the morning with a ride in the afternoon – really can’t ask for more from life than that!

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Nice to do both. One of the thingsI like about surfing is that its not always available.

darkcyan
    Free Member

polzeath was great – 2-3ft and clean.

what’s trail access like in the west country. didn’t see many paths in the same way as in sussex.

lardman
    Free Member

seavers – Member
    Cool story bro.

still chuckling at that response. Very sharp.

; -)

jam-bo

what’s trail access like in the west country. didn’t see many paths in the same way as in sussex.

Cheeky or non existent in cornwall.

Best off living in Devon and going to the coast when it’s on.

Rorschach
    Free Member
    ceepers

North devon, great waves and exmoor on your doorstep, quantocks an hour away

I have fun trails from my front door and 5 breaks within 10 minutes drive!

Surf when it’s on, ride when it’s not. I’m far less stress about whether there’s surf since I started riding and get my jollies that way.

I’ll always surf if its good tho!

http://adventuresintrim.blogspot.com

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Love that fight link.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

darkcyan – Member
    polzeath was great – 2-3ft and clean.

I was there on Sunday morning – it was lovely.

jam bo – Member
    Cheeky or non existent in cornwall.

Best off living in Devon and going to the coast when it’s on.

I’d echo that

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Are there any decent rides in Cornwall?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Google “The Track” in Portreath

ska-49
    Free Member

You need this…
    http://vimeo.com/73035589
    Just go for your usual ride and if there happens to be a nice set rolling in then ride the dunes and paddle in.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

nmdbasetherevenge – Member
    Are there any decent rides in Cornwall?

Not been yet but Cardinham is getting good reports

jam-bo

Not been yet but Cardinham is getting good reports

good but short. 3 laps for decent ride. was pretty dry when i was there but I think it’d be pretty greasy in the wet.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Been past the track many times but never ridden there. OK, so apart from there and Cardinham?

andrewni
    Free Member

I find it hard to have two hobbies (my wife refers to them as obsessions) at the same time. For me it would have to be one or the other. At the minute I’d happily ride past someone motor-biking, surfing, fishing, jet ski-ing etc etc and not spare a thought for any of my former hobbies/”obsessions”

ceepers

thats a quality beach break down there!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Biking v Surfing’ is closed to new replies.