Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mountain biking options in Alpe d'huez.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Going road cycling in July and staying in alpe d’huez. I will be having a couple of days off road but what are the options around there. Is there bike/kit hire, up lifts ect… and what sort of price would I be looking at for hire of said kit.?

Cheers.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

There’s ski lifts on Alpe d’huez itself for the megavalance course and bike parks, there’s also lifts up le duex Alpe too which is also good. Bikes and kit to rent at both but no sure on prices…

grum
    Free Member

Plenty of places to rent but I couldn’t tell you about prices sorry. Resort prices generally aren’t cheap for beers etc. The lift pass isn’t too much IIRC but I had a pass with the Mega ticket.

There are quite a few marked runs and I think you can normally ride most of the mega + qualifier courses which have some great sections ranging from quite techy/steep to flat out swoopy bits. I don’t know how good the waymarking is normally cos it was all marked out for the race when we were there.

The main sort of freeride/bike park track down under the lift seemed like braking bump hell when we were there, don’t know how it normally is.

jeff

Some good routes here.

You’re not far from Les 2 Alpes either.

ianv
    Free Member

Loads at alpe d’huez, it is pretty much linked to other resorts like vaujany and Oz en Oisans so the area is pretty massive. Le 2 alpes is also excellent and not far away. Lifts were about 21 euros a day. Not sure about hire but you can probably budget for 80-100 Euros a day for a decent bike, helmet and protection.

The main sort of freeride/bike park track down under the lift seemed like braking bump hell when we were there, don’t know how it normally is.

Most tracks will be pretty cut up by mid july.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking options in Alpe d'huez.’ is closed to new replies.