Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mountain Biking Near Leeds
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Going to a Seminar in Oulton Hall on the 14th so I was thinking of going up on Sunday for a day out on my MTB, where can the STW massive recommend I go.

DavidB
    Free Member

I recommend you ask the nice Mr ton

ton

about a mile from me……..bug5er, i am away or i would have led you on a nice little route.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Shame that Ton, anybody else up for guiding me on a route!

ton

contact gooner, or CHB

both know the local stuff well.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Thanks Ton, I have emailed them, failing that someone else may be along with an invite to join them on a ride :D.

anotherstan
    Free Member

i would generally be doin something not too far from oulton hall on a sunday, but i'll be up at gisburn this weekend.

maybe next time 😉

if you're actually staying at oulton hall you could just tear-arse down the golf course on sunday! …might not go down too well with the golfist types tho??

flippinheckler
    Free Member

oulton hall you could just tear-arse down the golf course on sunday! …might not go down too well with the golfist types tho??

Bloody good idea 😉

Sancho
    Free Member

Im thinking of doing a 45miler around Otley, Fewston, Stainburn, Ilkley, Baildon, Esholt and home for scones.
    You can come if you like.

R.lepecha

ride round the outsides of the golfcourse. i live just up the road. theres some decent stuff to ride round the golfcorse. if not theres rothwell country park or ride up to temple newsam?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Im thinking of doing a 45mile

Not sure if I will have the legs for that distance, also must remind myself I'm still on the mend with a broken collar bone, managed a good 3hr ride last Wednesday afternoon/eve without an issue though!

R.lepecha

if your doing a 3/4 hour ride i would recomened a loop up through the country park. into fanny pit, then down blackroad into tempy. up the brown cow road. down bullethorpe lane. then back through tempy woods down some of the trails in there. back onto black road then ride back towards bullethorpe lane and down the canal back into oulton/rothwell/woodlesford. i would show you the route but im busy this weekend.

Sancho
    Free Member

3 hours then I recommend, you hit Meanwood valley and adel woods, combined with Horsforth woodside quarry and Golden Acre Park, top ridng.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Biking Near Leeds’ is closed to new replies.