Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mountain biking in Switzerland – Flims, Laax areas, anyone been?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

So, might be going to this area, anyone ridden there, be interested to see any photos or suggestions for good routes. Looking for some xc/am tracks rather than pure uplift/dh stuff. I’ve googled some info on the net and it looks good, but would like to hear from anyone who’s been there.

Thanks

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Monday morning bump for all you workers …

Anyone been here?

welshfarmer

Funnily enough I was also reading up on it after seeing a great video….perhaps you have seen it already? I so want to go session this trail 🙂

[video]https://vimeo.com/120777861[/video]

There seems to be tons of info and routes on the net but mostly in German.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    HansRey

i started a similar thread a couple of weeks ago. Some good advice at http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/3-4-day-mtb-tour-in-switzerland-ideas-and-help-needed

mrmoofo

I know the area well – but from Skiing / snowboarding, not riding a bike. It is a huge area – but it lacks a centre as such. So it is no Saas Fe or Zermatt.
    The nightlife is going to be limited a little as unless the Brits are on and the snowboarding community is there, it will be muted. However this may not bother you.

The riding will be extensive – and even if it isn’t enough for you getting else where will be easy.

But the CHF is hyper strong at the moment. Your GBP will go nowhere. CH is expensive when there is a good exchange rate , when the exchange rate is bad it is fearsome. Eating out will make your eyes water. Drinking will be severely limited by the depth of your pockets!

Go to euroland – France / Italy/Austria/Germany. You will get very similar riding areas but much more for you money.

happybiker
    Free Member

Yes I spent a long weekend in Laax. I spent the first day riding up and down the the other 2 using the two lifts. There’s only one track down which isn’t too DH, so don’t be put off. Lots of fun but not that much variety!

jambalaya
    Free Member

As per the other thread I only know of the riding around Lenzerheide. IMO the best riding in the Alps is on the paths so if the lifts take bikes just look at the map and explore. You can access Swiss maps via this site/app (excellent) look at hiking paths as well as MTB routes

SwissMobile

EDIT: This ride was linked to on the other thread Rhine George

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies and links, my better half is keen on a yoga holiday in this area and suggested I should go too, so I could do some yoga in the morning and biking the rest of the day, she went last year, nice healthy food is provided too so we won’t be breaking the bank buying food out … I’m undecided at the moment, been going to Les Gets/Morzine the last few years but fancy a change.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking in Switzerland – Flims, Laax areas, anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.