Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mountain biking in South West Tenerife?
  • Fat-boy-fat

My good lady has convinced me that we should go to Tenerife on holiday next month. Hotel and all that duly booked but then I realised that the only “sport” I can see advertised in the region is golf … hmm.

Has anyone been biking in Tenerife who could recommend a good guide and hire place?

I had a quick google but most stuff looked pretty old and mebbes out of date.

Cheers.

skellnonch
    Free Member

Lavatrax

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

+1 for Lavatrax.

Rode with them a few years ago and was good.

hp_source

Another vote for Lavatrax, been out riding with Darran a couple of times, great guy, nice choice of routes/abilities catered for. Excellent loan bikes now if you ride with him.

From my experience he’s always been very professional and arranged pickups from hotels in the resorts etc.

5lab

same as above, I did a day with Lavatrax a couple of weeks ago, very nicely organised, and a nice chap. The Kingdoms are nice bikes, and withstood my abuse suprisingly well.

There seemed to be a few other operators out there, but maybe more xc based (as well as lots of road riding)

danradyr1
    Free Member

I did 5 days of riding with Lavatrax last year. Everyday was different with varying degrees of difficulty. I had a fantastic time and Came back a much better rider.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Another vote for Lavatrax.

Sandwich

And another. Darren can even produce routes for partners to attempt.

lookmumnohands

+1 for Lavatrax, was out there last month and was picked up from Costa Adeje for uplift to Teide and ride back down.

I told Darran I wasn’t a great rider and he asked a few questions to pitch the ride correctly.

Great riding and guiding – highly recommended

Fat-boy-fat

Lavatrax it is then

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking in South West Tenerife?’ is closed to new replies.