Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • mountain biking in Soller, Majorca
  • silvershredder
    Free Member

On my hols next week. Has anyone been biking in Soller? Its in the mountains and would appreciate anyone who has been there passing on info regarding bike hire etc. Cheers

stavromuller
    Free Member

Didn’t get to ride, but was in Port de Soller at Easter. There are some proper serious mountains round there and for bike hire it’s got to be Tramuntana tours. The whole area is brilliant, a million miles away from the tourist traps

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Yes! Great fun.

Get yourself into Tramuntana Tours on Calla de la Luna (the main shopping street out of the square in Soller) [EDIT: They have two shops now – one in the old town, plus the new one in Port de Soller]

Andy can rent you a bike, guide you, sell you a map. It’s a lovely area, plenty of long, long climbs and some great off road rides. I highly recommend the Barranc de Biniaraix ride (circular route involves a long, long road haul up to the Cuber reservoir, then an amazing, brake boiling, technical descent down the Barranc) but Tramuntana Tours does a ride with an uplift, though that’s cheating… 🙂

Here’s a shot on that route at the Coll de l’Ofre taken a few years back:

The other route I remember doing was down into the Balitx valley – freshly made orange juice from the farm at the bottom was good.

Soller is a lovely town, and whilst the area is best know for some awesome road routes, you’ll have fun offroad too.

HTH – and happy holidays, you lucky so and so! 😀

ask1974
    Free Member

+1 for Tramuntana tours.

Clink

As above. I rented a road bike from Puerto de Soller shop and had a fabulous ride in the mountains along the coast. Really helpful and was good value.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If you are out there do Sa Collobra as well, descent into sea side village only want out is 12k (I think it’s been a while!) up or out on the boat, Olympic track team have been doing lots of reps of Sa Colobra!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay io’m a muppet … re-read it it says “mountain biking” you don’t want to do Sa colobra on an MTB!!! Mupppet 😳

julians
    Free Member

Yes, we went out last November for a long weekend of mountain biking.

As everyone else has mentioned, the people at tramuntana tours will rent you a bike and provide a guide if required. However we took our own bikes and just scoured the internet for routes. There’s loads out there, a really great place for mountain biking.

Highlight of the trip was the route dwn from cuber reservoir to soller following the pilgrims steps, well worth a try.

If you have a smartphone download a copy of osmand and then install the Spain maps and make your out routes up just following the walking paths shown in osmand.

Were off to malaga for this winters mountain biking trip

julians
    Free Member

Double post

silvershredder
    Free Member

Many thanks everyone. I rang Tramuntana today and I will be calling in next week- off to finish my packing now, cant wait!!!

silvershredder
    Free Member

Back home from a great hol in Soller- you were all correct! Munge -chick, I did hire a road bike and rode to Valldemosa then back over the Coll du Soller (a little hill!)Went on a guided mtb trail to Cala Daia, which was spot on. Tramantuna Tours were brill and their bike stock is amazing and well priced. Made my hol, cheers!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘mountain biking in Soller, Majorca’ is closed to new replies.