Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mountain biking in Paphos
  • gotbike
    Free Member

Me and my girlfriend are looking for a holiday in March – Paphos could be a good option for some xc type mountain biking. Has anyone done anything like this, and could recommend where to base ourselves, or if anyone knows of any bike friendly accommodation?

TIA!

stoddys
    Free Member

Hi
    Having lived in paphos for 10 years,now back in the UK, the base is ok but you have to rely on google maps to navigate.
    Are you bringing your own bikes?
    Just above paphos there is a village called tremithousa from there you can go up to koili. Left down and across towards Peiga.
    Or
    From Peiga upwards and left into the Akamas and back to coral bay

Pm me and I will try to find some old Strava rides.

I never did the trodos but I’ve heard some amazing riding there.
    There are company’s that do guided rides I can’t vouch for the quality.

As for accommodation as long as you wipe the floor over don’t worry it’s all tile no carpet.
    I would not even ask.

Stoddy

gt56
    Free Member

Speak to Mike at http://bikincyprusadventures.com
    Top guy, massive supporter of cycling in all its forms in Cyprus and a keen mtber himself. He will be more than happy to chat. Lovely bloke.
    G

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Last time we were there (no bikey) we were up in Troodos & saw a group of people on Marins FS ers getting off a minibus with trailer for the bikes, so someone does tours!
    I omitted to get a photo of the bus & It’s logo etc.

Did some walking & the trails would be bloody good to ride.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’m off to Cyprus next year & I’ve spoken to both these outfits that do MTB rides out there:

Akamas MTB
    &
    Mountain Bike Cyprus

Both have great reviews & could be what you are looking for 🙂

Andy_B

I stayed in Chloraka and headed north to the Mavrokolpus dam then down into the gorge. Everything I found was fairly rocky and in May it was fairly warm but March should be fine. I’d be getting a guide / local knowledge if I went again as it seemed to have loads of potential but I never found anything really good.

timber

Moving on to coffee and cake, Old Paphos is ace for this, particularly ANANAS 8 bit and Let Them Eat Cake.

Didn’t bike as MrsTimber was rather pregnant, some potential riding spotted out the bus window.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking in Paphos’ is closed to new replies.