Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mountain biking in Mallorca
  • pat12
    Free Member

Any good?

Any tips?

Cheers

chiefgrooveguru

Proper gnarly. And hot! Take pads, tough tyres and decent suspension. I did it on the spur of the moment when on a family holiday a couple of years ago, so was ill equipped and on a mediocre hire bike (Canyon Spectral base model), without guiding, just going out exploring from our villa and it was still great, despite using Converse trainers on pin-less flats with no knee pads or gloves. I found one old hill track which was like a continuous rock garden, never seen anything in Wales even half as rough. There’s built stuff too, I found berms and jumps and even a small bike park above one town.

julians
    Free Member

Good, get a guide for finding the best stuff.

I’ve been a couple of times, I used toni at http://www.tramuntbike.com, not to be confused with tramuntana tours who I’m sure are good, I just haven’t used them.

jkomo

I followed the advice from Julians. I was pleased I did so.
    Ace.

u02sgb
    Free Member

Went for a day with Guy at ChainGuide.

Took us over some cracking trails. Expect it to be very hot at the moment. He hired some German brand of Enduro bikes which turned out to be very good including dropper posts. Borrowed pads from him too.

Recommended, although we didn’t get the brakes swapped and it was more difficult to cope with than I expected!

Stu.

bennyball
    Free Member

Any recommendations where to hire a bike, helmet etc without a guide?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking in Mallorca’ is closed to new replies.