Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mountain Biking in Costa Del Sol?
  • luthersboots
    Free Member

Morning everyone, I just got back from Costa Del Sol from a weekend with the Missus and another couple of friends.
    We had a ball and the Spanish weather was cracking.
    We are planning another trip out there and I would love to tie in some Mountain Biking. We stayed in a little village called Mijas which is up in the hills over Fuengirola.
    Saw a few people kicking about on Mountain Bikes mostly Cross Country which is What I do.

Does anyone have any experience with Biking in the area? I’d love to ride in some dust for a change rather than the slop here in Cumbria.

Mackem

There’s loads.
    You’ve got sierracycling based in Fuengirola.
    Have a look at the bikefax book on southern Spain and the trailrider guide to Spain.
    There’s been plenty on STW about the area, do a search.

luthersboots
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll have a look later tonight! Pumped!

UPDATE: http://www.sierracycling.com/routes.html
    Brilliant site.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davidisaacs
    Free Member

We are on the east of Malaga, between the Sierra Nevada and the sea, if you want to check us out at
    http://www.bikingandalucia.com
    too

julians
    Free Member

we’re going to mijas in about 4 weeks time for a long weekend of mountain biking. We’ve never been before so dont know what to expect, but I’ll be logging all the routes we do so can give you the details when we get back.

Cheezpleez

Just back from a few days with Switchbacks in Bubion, riding in the Sierra Nevada. Good, varied riding and a well-run operation. I dare say they might uplift/guide you for a day or two.

It’s big, rough terrain, though, and you’ll enjoy yourself more on a 6in bike than an xc speed machine.

luthersboots
    Free Member

Cool…this truly is a Global community. I am looking forward to checking this stuff out tonight.

luthersboots
    Free Member

Julians, we travelled with friends who have been going there for over 20 years, since she was a toddler.
    We stayed just outside of Mijas Village so if you want to give some traditional spanish food a shot I certainly can now recommend some spots that you might not hear about in the guidebooks but were SUPERB. Popular with the locals.
    What a lovely village and even nicer people!
    LB

Marin
    Free Member

+1 for biking Andalucia, had a week out there a couple of weeks ago with the Mrs and have re-booked for February. Nice trails and very chilled out accomodation.

I used to be based in andalucia…very very good riding, gauranteed is Ibiza perfect I mean perfect combination for XC every where you go there good climbs good descents fast caminos fast singletrack technical if you want it. Techy climbs up and down all day. We also have 5km of trails in a montainbike adventure park with obstacles for all abilities. Pics coming soon on Face book and web site. Check us out for next year.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

If you are up for a short trip inland there is us at All Mountain Venture

The routes in the bike fax book are a bit hit and miss, you could also try wikiloc if you have a GPS. Best trail at Mijas is the telecom descent and the trails at Benalmadena.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Biking in Costa Del Sol?’ is closed to new replies.