Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mountain Biking in Anglesey?
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

Is there any good mountain biking in northern Anglesey, natural trails or man made, or any none busy road riding (near Benllech). Or good mountain biking on the island?

Even better any one have any gpx’s?

qtip

Mountain biking – not really. Road riding – plenty.

ivorlott
    Free Member

Seen a few folks trundling about on Holyhead Mountain, but guess it’s mostly cheeky. And there’s Coed Mor, but never got around to dropping in there myself…

qtip

Coed Mor looks good for what it is (small skills loop), but if you’ve driven that far from Benllech then you might as well cross the bridge and head into Snowdownia.

Pretty sure all the Holyhead Mountain stuff is cheeky (at least all the good stuff), and also likely to be full of tourists.

mudshark
    Free Member

There are some off road trails but not used them – more for casual cyclists. Good on the road though – usually rather windy!

I have ridden all over Holyhead mountain – well a fair but of pushing – not meant to be for bikes.

agent007
    Free Member

Newborough forest is worth a blast – plenty of fireroad and some cheeky singletrack in between if you’re observant. Mostly flattish but some good technical ups and downs in places. Lots of sand though so your components probably won’t like it very much and beware the sand traps.

Other than that maybe Parys Mountain perhaps?

rhid

Pentrath forest has some singletrack in. There is a group on Facebook called Pentraeth Mountian biking or similar. The guy who organises it runs the pub in Pentraeth.

I have been round it once and it was good fun, I got a bit lost but it was all ok. I think a good way of finding bits is using Strava.

rhid

Also there was an MTB race on Parys mountain recently, its probably worth finding info on that and seeing if the organisers have a club or something.

Nezbo
    Free Member

Cool, thanks I’ll have a proper look when I’m home for next time 🙂

Cheers all.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can’t you head to the mainland?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Biking in Anglesey?’ is closed to new replies.