Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mountain Biking ideas near Center Parcs, Whinfell, Penrith
  • tim2106

Off to Center Parcs in a few weeks and my wife has suggested that I take my son mountain biking for a day while we are there. We have previously enjoyed days out at CYB so I’m thinking Whinlatter Forest trails (about 40 mins from Center Parcs) but is there anything else I should be considering? All ideas gratefully received!
    Cheers,
    Tim

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Off to Center Parcs in a few weeks and my wife

*snigger*

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Check out road and trail closures…(local input needed for that – Whinlatter status http://www.forestry.gov.uk/whinlatter) from seeing the pics there is a lot of trail damage out in the mountains so probably best to get the locals to give you some actual route pointers for whats good currently

Trekster

Whinlatter is the obvious choice but as above weather, road and forest closures may be an issue.
    Not too much further, Mabie or Ae are just over the hour away(drove it 3 times over Xmas!)
    Newcastleton? Not sure how long it would take though?

jekkyl

The Ullswater singletrack from Pooley Bridge! up through the fell gate to ‘cockpit’ (a stone circle) then follow the obvious track back down to the lake. Not too technical but very scenic and then a lovely spin along the road to Pooley Bridge, scoping out all the flood damage.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Biking ideas near Center Parcs, Whinfell, Penrith’ is closed to new replies.