• This topic has 125 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Mountain biking groups that charge a fee
  • rolfharris
    Free Member

Having been too uninterested to read anything else, we charge a fee to join. It covers petrol costs for the year. So you don't have to pay for it later.

Cool, eh?

kennyp
    Free Member

We charge £8 a year, but as it's a club affiliated to a company you have to be an employee to join. We've got around 40 members.

We're lucky though in that we get loads of dosh from the company which subsidises all our petrol by 50%, buys magazines, lets us get nice toys, subsidises training courses and other such stuff.

The £8 membership fee therefore saves you quite a bit over the year.

snowslave

We're not a club, have no membership fee, and therefore we kill and eat anyone that gets injured so they can't sue.

DaveGr
    Free Member

I am in my own "solo night riding club". I charge myself £2 a ride. No idea what the club uses the money for though …..

chipps

'I've noticed that the ST people don't get involved in these "forum rides" at all, probably specifically for this reason'

Nope. We don't get involved in forum rides because a) We probably don't get to hear about them until it's too late (not everyone has the time to sit around reading the forum all day 😉 and b) Weekends tend to be packed with other worky stuff like shows, demo weekends and the like.

Feel free to invite us on rides and if anyone's free, we'll try to make it. I'm riding with the Quantocks gang in December – but needed three months to find a spare weekend…

hora
    Free Member

tons ride next Sunday in Calderdale chipps? You could review the 3bikes he rides on the ride. Rumour has it he has a caddy following him with bikes ready for him to chose from like a set of golf clubs…..

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking groups that charge a fee’ is closed to new replies.