Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mountain biking definitely takes years off your life.
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Just realised it this morning. On the way down to Glentress my car was being driven sedately by a dull bloke in his late 40s listening to the Today programme on Radio 4.

Five hours later on the way back it was being driven at silly speeds by a manky, muddy lout in his early twenties listening to AC/DC at full volume.

A quarter of a century gone just like that!

😀

nonk
    Free Member

😀

cp

I’m usually the other way round!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    muppetWrangler
    Free Member

AC/DC?

Definitely late 40’s 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Hahaha!
    Brilliant, once nearly came a bad cropper after one too many pints at the end of a long ride. Pub was at the top of a fast downhill B/W and i had Highway to Hell on my mp3….

8)

rickmeister

Correction folks, its usually Half Man, Half Biscuit…

kennyp
    Free Member

Usually Rick, but today it was Highway to Hell at a stupidly high volume. PS check your email re the Puffer meeting.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

http://www.dnaindia.com/health/report_exercise-can-add-extra-5-years-to-your-life_1778103

150min from age 20 to 80 (ish) is 7800 hours (about 11 months).

That study reckons that much exercise will increase life expectancy by around 2.4 years (5.5 if you’re a black woman).

Basically time spent riding your bike isn’t wasted as you’ll live longer than you spent riding 😀

Epic Win!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking definitely takes years off your life.’ is closed to new replies.