Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mountain Biking, Brac, Croatia – anyone?
  • nacho
    Free Member

We might have the opportunity to go there this half term, has anyone been? Any riding? Can you hire bikes? Did a quick google and it looks klike there is some over there but any recommendations / bike hire info would be nice (can’t take mine on family holiday but can always have a day out)

thanks

nacho

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve been quite a few times.
    There is/was a place which hired out some bikes, even had a few Spesh pitches. They reckoned that there was some riding, I never rode there though (went diving instead). It is rocky so there might be. Bol is lovely, one of our favorite places.
    It does get a bit hot. It’s the watersports capital of Croatia so there’s loads of sea based fun to be had.

nacho
    Free Member

Cheers wrecker, found out from mrs nacho we would be in Supetar. Apparently air temp is down to around 20C end of Oct / early Nov so should be fine and the sea is still warm.
    Don’t suppose you know the name of the bike rental place? If not will try google. Any other info would be appreciated…..

wrecker
    Free Member

Yep, Supetar is nice. A bit bigger than Bol. Are you staying in Supetar for any reason? I really like Bol 😉 Home to Zlatni Rat;

Can’t remember the name of the cycle hire place, it may have been a part of Big Blue (big hotel in Bol which has dive school, shop etc). It was past the big blue hotel, along the promenade twoards Zlatni rat from memory. Might have been this outfit; http://www.big-blue-sport.hr/
    We have always gone self catering (good value, nice apartments). Restaurants are plentiful and reasonable and the beaches nicer than any swimming pool. If you do decide on Bol and want an apartment, I’ll send you contact details of who we normally use.
    I’m happy to give you any info you want, just let me know.

nacho
    Free Member

Thanks wrecker, that’s great, we will be going to Supetar as we might have an apartment available to us for around £150 for the week, full self catering facilities etc, waiting to find out if we can get it. That pic of Bol loks beautiful!
    EDIT – just seen the bigblue website, looks great, thanks again. WE want somewhere with a pool as two young kids who love the (warm) water and the complex in Supetar has indoor and outdoor pools. Heated pool is #1 priority for kids, somewhere to ride is always a bonus 😉

Moses

We did some walking there this summer, the back roads / tracks would be worth a day or so, but the maps are non-existent. It might be worth asking Stanfords now for something useful. There were no maps in the shops showing all the tracks. Family-wise, the buses from Supetar go all over the island so you could have a day in Bol easily. Get a timetable from the tourist office when you get off the ferry, only 20 yards away. The island beaches are pebbly, though.
    Zlatni Rat doesn’t look like that in the summer, it’s too crowded to see the beach!

wrecker
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with the bus timetable, complete fiction. We stopped for a beer whilst waiting for the bus and ended up half cut!
    I’ve seen zlatni pretty empty in late sept, so October would be great.
    Definitely go and see puscisca(sp) if you get the chance but its more a swimming place.

nacho
    Free Member

Got the apartment, we are going to Supetar so if anyone has been riding out there please let me know (or any other info welcome)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Biking, Brac, Croatia – anyone?’ is closed to new replies.