Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mountain Biking and PhD Research
  • joseyf
    Free Member

Hello There,

My name is Josey Field and I am a PhD Student at The University of Exeter Medical School.

My research interests involve exploring young adults’ relationship with the natural environment and environmental charities (specifically the National Trust) though their outdoor sport.

As such I really need to talk to some young adults about their outdoor sports, and I was hoping that some of you might be interested in chatting to me about your involvement with mountain biking?

Currently I am recruiting people in the Cornwall/Devon region to take part in my project. Specifically, I am looking for those who are: aged 18-30, would describe themselves as keen mountain bikers, climbers, trail runners, or surfers, who have been involved with their sport regularly for at least a year.This work hopes to have a real impact upon the way our coast and countryside is managed for active young adults in the future.

I have a blog that you can check out for more information about the project (www.mynaturesport.wordpress.com) or please feel free to get in contact with me directly if you have any questions (josey.field@pcmd.ac.uk). I am more than happy to talk about the project and there will be no pressure to take part! 🙂

Thank you for listening,

Josey

jam-bo

you won’t find many under the age of 30 under here….

http://www.gawtongravityhub.co.uk/

you could try this lot for a fairly active club in the SW.

tracknicko
    Free Member

thinking i did the wrong phd.

ART

… indeed … 😉

walla24
    Free Member

Sent you a mail…

asterix
    Free Member

… indeed …

yes, me too – how many PhDs are there here ??

piemann
    Free Member

me three

jambalaya
    Free Member

@josey – good luck, I’m far too old and crusty to be included in your demograhic so can’t help there. I’m a member of the NT and am laughing at you describing it as an environmental charity 🙂

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Ageist blunt.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Biking and PhD Research’ is closed to new replies.