Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mountain biker chased by bear video.
  • The comments are mostly saying it’s fake.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKk1KOAPVMc&app=desktop[/video]

Not knowing much about bears myself, I’d have thought the best chance of outrunning one on a bike was to stick to the fire road and rely on endurance as much as speed
    It doesn’t make sense to leave the road and run off in to the undergrowth.
    He never opens up much of a gap on the bear either, so it seems unlikely to me that the bear would lose him by both sight and scent just by hiding behind a tree a few metres away.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I’d have gone for endurance too tbh.

However – one of the often recommended tactics is to ditch your rucksack and run off – the bear stops to investigate that whilst you run off and hide. So perhaps that’s what he’s trying to do but with his bike.

He might well be getting tired, we don’t know how fit he is 🙂

Bregante

I don’t care if it’s fake. That’s ace!

Just showed it to the Mrs. Her reaction was “Awww” 😀

redthunder
    Free Member

That was funny 🙂

frood
    Free Member

worst bit of cgi i’ve seen in a long time.

plyphon
    Free Member

Didn’t realise they had bears in Thetford.

mattjg
    Free Member

fake but fun

bigyinn
    Free Member

If that was me, all you’d had heard was fuuuuuckkkk and LOTs of heavy breathing. New chamois time!

pictonroad

I came round a corner in Whistler Bike Park to a bear on the only bit of the trail between a cliff and a river. There was no way past and it didn’t seem bothered by me or the bike. I was a bit starstruck by it, they really are beautiful things up close, after 10 seconds my situation registered in my brain. Took me a LONG time to drag a 45lb Rocky Mountain 9 back up the slippery rock garden, backwards, without looking… 😯

deluded
    Free Member

Noticeable fakery – various frames show the bear remaining in-focus without the distortion of movement as can be seen with the surrounding environment (set to HD & pause @ 38 seconds into the vid). Good effort. I reckon Jamie would have made a better job of it though!

muddy9mtb

was it done by lucasfilms? looks like a special edition to me

devash
    Free Member

I came round a corner in Whistler Bike Park to a bear on the only bit of the trail between a cliff and a river. There was no way past and it didn’t seem bothered by me or the bike. I was a bit starstruck by it, they really are beautiful things up close, after 10 seconds my situation registered in my brain. Took me a LONG time to drag a 45lb Rocky Mountain 9 back up the slippery rock garden, backwards, without looking…

Back in March 2011 we were in Whistler on a snowboarding holiday and while sat in a bar at the bottom of the main slope a black bear casually walked out of the forest and crossed the piste to the amusement / terror of all.

Definitely the coolest moment of the holiday.

Northwind

My brother has a class video from the yukon, of the exact moment he and his mate realised the grizzly they were videoing from inside their parked car, could get into the car in about 0.0001 seconds 😆 Bears are cool.

I reckon succesfully navigating the internet these days requires 2 complimentary skills, 1- being able to identify bullshit, and 2- still being able to enjoy things even though they’re bullshit

fasthaggis

2- still being able to enjoy things even though they’re bullshit

Yup ,but that isn’t even a good attempt at bullshit fakery 😉

🙂
    This was a good effort

brakes
    Free Member

we had two close-up bear encounters at Whistler – both involving mothers and cubs which made us super-nervous even if the bears weren’t.
    – the first was a bear and two big cubs walking up the trail as we left a wooded bit – we got off our bikes and walked carefully but purposefully through some scrub to another trail then pedalled like mad. the bears paused until we got out the way then carried on up the trail.
    – second was travelling along a trail on the edge of a wooded bit and noticing a small snout poking out of the trees at pedal height about a metre away, and then a rather large head poking out a bit further along. we didn’t stop to chat.

These were black bears, so relatively harmless…

scottfitz
    Free Member

fake and boring.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biker chased by bear video.’ is closed to new replies.