Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mountain bike tours in Positano and viareggio Italy
  • pipiom
    Free Member

I’m off to Italy on Monday for 3 weeks (day after completing,hopefully, the Isle of Man end to end challenge…ouch!!!)
    I’m staying a week in Positano…..anyone know of any companies that will do a 1/2 or full day mtb tour guided ( I know about the immediate local terrain but surely someone could arrange a pick up and drive me to trails)

I’m staying another week in Viareggio Tuscany….. Same as above 1/2 or full day.

Cheers Phil

cmjdavies
    Free Member

Phil,

Drop Jerry a line : http://www.rentalbikeitaly.com/

He arranged a Vesuvius ride for me earlier in the year. He might do it himself, or use a guy called Mario who owns a bike shop in Naples. Mario is awesome.

I’ve also got contact details of a guide who works that way, drop me an email (in profile) if you want further details,

Chris

pipiom
    Free Member

Cheers Chris, I’ll contact Rentalbike today
    Phil

sleepless
    Free Member

this is worth a ride if you are in Tuscany. Chianti all the way 😀

http://www.eroicafan.it/en/

rendo
    Free Member

I’m sure there will be some around Viareggio if you look. Lucca has a big cycle community and Garfagnana is ‘just’ over the hill (about an hour) and you will find these guys. have seen good reviews.
    In Viareggio you have the Alpi Apuane nearby and i’d be very surprised that there was no tour companies here.

viola
    Free Member

I’ve been recently in Italy with my mountain bike but it was in Calabria…there are wonderful place to discover with your bike there, and in Calabria you can enjoy a wanderful vacation also if you love sun and sea, of course!

pipiom
    Free Member

For anyone whose interested or who is ever going over there I used a guy called “Tuscany MTB guide” and had 2 brilliant days riding in 2 totally different areas/terrains.

For the first, more XC day he brought me a Felt carbon full Suss 29er!!!!!!! Awesome. And for the second he brought me a 150 mm full Suss Mondraker 29er……best tour guide bikes I’ve ever ridden ( well apart from the brand new Trance 29er I got in South Africa)

Fat-boy-fat

Was that the German dude in Viareggio? Can’t remember his name but he’s a top guide who knows the local trails really well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mountain bike tours in Positano and viareggio Italy’ is closed to new replies.