Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • mountain bike specific exercise bikes?
  • muddy9mtb

anyone aware of a mountain bike specific exercise bike? or simulator. there’s an arcade specific downhill version, the real ryder, the tour de france bike. but as far as simulating rough terrain and all the twists and turns is there anything specific? basically everything aside from the crude and wind in yer face. If NOT then what would you think of such a device and what would make you want to buy….don’t say price (just consider it)

jaymoid

I occassionally have to work in Hatfield, and use the Herfordshire university gym – they have these weird Xdreams mountain bike exercise bike, with a screen where you race other AI players, you could tilt the bike and rock it from side to side, etc. Found a video from saturday kitchen:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRSq8wP7FsU[/video]

It was shit.

jaymoid

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBK2JhbBwyA[/video]

Better video, still shit though.

[edit]Just found out it’s 6k. You could buy a lot of real bike for 6k.[/edit]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mountain bike specific exercise bike?

Yep. They’re called “mountain bikes”. Now, I know that the name may be a little misleading, as you don’t actually have to ride them on mountains, but the thing is, you can exercise on them, and they’re bikes. Pretty cool, huh?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

We had those in our gym too. While not exactly a simulator they were pretty good for doing long sessions on when it’s raining outside, theyre not much different to the computrainer trax imagic style turbo trainers (which would also be about that price once you factor in a bike and a PC)

muddy9mtb

thanks for the videos, yer seen that type of bike although not ridden it myself. am I correct in the whole bike does not tilt only the handle bars. does that detract from the experience? (although not having the wind in yer face makes that difficult to answer!)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not aware of any devices and I wouldn’t buy one if they existed. You can get general bike fitness on standard gym machines plus add some core and other strength excersizes and you are pretty much done

muddy9mtb

restart topic?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘mountain bike specific exercise bikes?’ is closed to new replies.